Part of Hindsight, Humor, and Hope
- Arrange for coffee, tea, and water at the workshop.
- Arrange for furniture setup:
- For large group: Place tables in a horseshoe arrangement (leaders at the head table, chairs around outside of tables).
- For smaller group: Place one or two table tables in a rectangle (leaders sit at a middle side and chairs are positioned around the outside).
- Set a hymnbook on the table in front of each chair.
- Place a chalice or candle on a chalice cloth at the leader's place.
- Customize and make copies of Handout 1, Looking Ahead to Workshop 5.
- Write workshop agenda on a newsprint sheet, using Workshop-at-a-Glance table, and post.
- Post Group Rules of Respect from Workshop 1.
- Write journaling questions on a newsprint sheet, and set aside:
- When in my life did I come upon this special object and how did it come to me?
- What meaning does this object have for me?
- How is this object connected to what grounds me? How does it represent my wisdom and insight?
- Make a circle for each participant by tracing the lid or salad plate on cover stock, two per piece. Cut the pages in half, with one circle per half.
- Write on a newsprint sheet, and set aside:
We close our time by extinguishing the chalice and carry its light and our blessings with us into the world.
- Shuffle the Blessing Cards.
- Optional: For preparing tactile collage mandalas (an adaptation for visually impaired persons), see the Materials section of the program Introduction.