Steps for Dismantling Privilege
- NAME IT!—Grapple with understanding what privilege is and how it works in everyday life.
- DEAL WITH IT!—When you identify privilege, address it, and take some personal responsibility for not allowing it to continue.
- REFRAME IT!—Build new roles, practices, shared values, and relationships with others to counteract privilege.
Questions to Consider
- Who is advantaged/privileged?
- How do I contribute to this form of privilege?
- What are some new roles or practices that would not allow this manifestation of privilege to continue?
- What are the risks for each person/group in your proposed new scheme of things? What are the benefits?