Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Lined paper and pens/pencils
- Taking It Home
Preparation for Activity
- Write on newsprint, and post:
- What ideas were most interesting or challenging to you?
- What powerful ideas, concerns, or puzzlements are you holding as a result of this session?
- Copy Taking It Home for all participants.
Description of Activity
Invite participants to spend five minutes writing feedback in response to the question you have posted on newsprint.
Distribute Taking It Home and invite participants to do the suggested activities before the next meeting. Read the instructions aloud and invite participants to ask questions.
Offer the following quote from Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as a closing, and extinguish the chalice:
Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.
Including All Participants
Prepare a large-print version of Taking It Home.