Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Worship table or designated space
- Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Participant evaluations from previous workshop
- List of this workshop's Goals
- Covenant established in Workshop 1
Preparation for Activity
- Review participant evaluations from the previous workshop. Discuss with your co-facilitators any patterns or concerns that have emerged. Prepare to briefly share feedback with the group, while keeping confidentiality.
Description of Activity
Light the chalice or invite a participant to light it while you read aloud the 2006 General Assembly Responsive Resolution, written by a GA delegate in response to reports of Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) of Congregation officers at GA 2006 as well as events affecting Unitarian Universalist communities of Color, especially youth, at the 2005 and 2006 General Assemblies:
Resolved, that the Delegates to General Assembly are charged to work with their congregations to hold at least one program over the next year to address racism or classism, and to report on that program at next year's General Assembly.
Share feedback from the previous workshop evaluations. Acknowledge shared patterns and observations to give participants a sense of how people in the group were thinking and feeling about the program at that time.
Remind participants of the spirit of their covenant and invite them to reaffirm their agreement to abide by it.
Share this workshop's goal.