Workshops, Webinars & Trainings
As a leader in a Unitarian Universalist congregation, you already know the value of connection and the energy that gets unleashed when good-hearted, committed, and soulful people come together. Our workshops and webinars provide ongoing training in some of the most difficult and common challenges faced by church leaders—and will help you deal with problems at a deep, thoughtful level that can lead to meaningful, positive change in your congregation.
We encourage each congregation to register a team of at least four people. Experience has taught us that a group of trained leaders in a congregation can be far more effective than an individual in bringing new ideas back to the congregation. For most workshops, we offer discount incentives for registering a team of four or more—see online registrations for details.
Spring Workshops & Events in New England
We will add more information as it is confirmed. Subscribe to our email list to receive workshop invitations and other regional news. If there's a specific topic you would like to offer at your congregation for members and neighboring UU churches, consider requesting a workshop to host.
- April 10-12, 2018 UUMA Spring Retreat in New England: Where Leads Our Call? in Centerville, MA
- April 13-14, 2018 Northern New England District (NNED) Spring Assembly & Annual Meeting: Dismantling White Supremacy and Building Liberation as Unitarian Universalists, in Nashua, NH. Friday night includes a performance of Deeper than the Skin with Reggie Harris and Greg Greenway.
- April 19, 2018 Evening Webinar The Richness and Challenge of the Journey, G.R.A.C.E. Team (Growing Racial and Cultural Equity)
- April 20-22, 2018 OWL Facilitator Training for Grade Levels 7-9 and 10-12 in Auburndale, MA
- April 28, 2018 Claiming Your Spiritual Leadership, in East Greenwich, RI.
- May 5, 2018 Our Shared Future: Legacy Giving in UU Congregations in Bangor, ME
- May 5, 2018 Ballou Channing District (BCD) Spring Assembly & Annual Meeting in Attleboro, MA
- May 12, 2018 Claiming Your Spiritual Leadership in Nashua, NH.
- May 19, 2019 Cycle of Song: UU Choir Festival in Haverhill, MA.
Our Whole Lives (OWL) Facilitator Trainings in 2018-2019
- April 20-22, 2018, Grade Levels 7-9 and 10-12
- August 17-19, 2018, Grade Levels 7-9 and 10-12
- September 7-9, 2018, Grade Levels 7-9 and 10-12
- November 2-4, 2018, Elementary Grade Levels K-1 and 4-6
- January 25-27, 2019, Grade Levels 7-9 and 10-12
- February 1-3, 2019, Grade Levels 7-9 and 10-12
- April 19-21, 2019, Grade Levels 7-9 and 10-12
While contributions from congregations to our Region and Association make it possible for regional staff to do our work, event registration fees are necessary to cover the costs of individual events. We know that not all individuals are in a position to pay these fees. Since the learning is on behalf of the congregation, we assume that congregational leaders will select and financially support participants to come. However, if these fees are prohibitive even to the congregation, please be in touch with us at newengland [at] uua [dot] org. We do not want cost to keep anyone away.
To register for open events, go to uuaner.eventbrite.com or use the links above. Subscribe to our regional email list to receive weekly announcements and invitations in your inbox, and like our Facebook page.