New England Region Workshops, Webinars & Trainings
As a leader in a Unitarian Universalist congregation, you already know the value of connection and the energy that gets unleashed when good-hearted, committed, and soulful people come together. Our workshops and webinars provide ongoing training in some of the most difficult and common challenges faced by church leaders—and will help you deal with problems at a deep, thoughtful level that can lead to meaningful, positive change in your congregation.
We encourage each congregation to register a team of at least four people. Experience has taught us that a group of trained leaders in a congregation can be far more effective than an individual in bringing new ideas back to the congregation. For most workshops, we offer discount incentives for registering a team of four or more—see online registrations for details.
Upcoming Events in New England
We will add more information as it is confirmed. Subscribe to our email list to receive workshop invitations and other regional news. If there's a specific topic you would like to offer at your congregation for members and neighboring UU churches, consider requesting a workshop to host.
- Knotty conversations for Anti-racist/Multicultural Ministries (a webinar series): January 30th, February 25th, March 12th, April 30th, and May 19th. These five online conversations are intended for congregational leaders of any racial/ethnic identity who are navigating the challenges of dismantling white supremacy in and with their congregations.
- Financial Best Practices for Your Congregation (webinar) Thursday, February 27, 2020 Online!
- Covenanting: A Practice of Spiritual Leadership (workshop) Saturday, March 21, 2020 at the Allen Avenue Unitarian Universalist Church of Portland, ME.
- Faithful Risking: A Practice of Spiritual Leadership (workshop) Saturday, April 4, 2020 at the North Parish of North Andover Unitarian Universalist Church in North Andover, MA.
- Enlivening Worship through Practices of Spiritual Leadership (workshop) May, 2020 at the Enlivening Worship through Practices of Spiritual Leadership in Concord, NH.
Our Whole Lives (OWL) Facilitator Trainings in 2019-2020
While contributions from congregations to our Region and Association make it possible for regional staff to do our work, event registration fees are necessary to cover the costs of individual events. We know that not all individuals are in a position to pay these fees. Since the learning is on behalf of the congregation, we assume that congregational leaders will select and financially support participants to come. However, if these fees are prohibitive even to the congregation, please be in touch with us at newengland [at] uua [dot] org. We do not want cost to keep anyone away.
To register for open events, go to New England Region on Eventbrite or use the links above. Subscribe to our regional email list to receive weekly announcements and invitations in your inbox, and like our Facebook page.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY 2020 IN PROVIDENCE, RI
General Assembly is the annual gathering of Unitarian Universalists, where we conduct business of the Association, explore the theological underpinnings of our faith, and lean fully into our mission and principles. Please join us Wednesday, June 24 through Sunday, June 28, 2020 in Providence, Rhode Island for this 5-day immersive experience where we participate in inspirational worship services and informative workshops, reconvene with friends and colleagues, and explore our bustling exhibit hall. GA is an unforgettable experience for the thousands of UUs who attend. Meet us in Providence and you’ll leave with renewed energy and innovative ideas to share with your congregation and community-at-large!
The theme for General Assembly in June 2020 is Rooted, Inspired, & Ready! We are in touch with our theological roots, we are engaged in transforming our faith, and we are fired up to take action in the wider world.