Exit Interview By Email
My name is ______________, and I recently became chair of the Unitarian Universalist Church of ______________ Membership Committee. As a fairly new member, I wanted to better understand why people joined—and just as important, why they left.
As a former member, you are in a unique position to address both questions. We would be very grateful if you would be willing to talk to one of our committee members sometime during the week of November 10. We will be asking the following questions:
- What attracted you to Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley (UUCB)? Why did you decide to join?
- Did you feel welcome at UUCB? Why or why not?
- Why did you decide to leave UUCB? Have you found another church home yet? Which one?
- How could we have responded to your needs better?
If you prefer to respond by email or mail, or do not want to be contacted, I can be reached by phoning ___________, emailing ____________or mailing ________________.
We sincerely appreciate any insight you might provide. Thank you.
______________, Membership Chair
Exit Interview by Phone
UUCB Exit Interview
Name of Former Member________________________________ Date_____________
Hello, my name is _____________________ and I am calling from the Unitarian Universalist Church of Berkeley. Is this _______________________?
If not there: Is there a good time for me to call ________________________?
If yes: Is this a good time to talk? If no: Is there a better time for me to call?
- If yes: Did you receive our letter about membership in UUCB?
- If no: Purpose of letter was to alert them about this call.
We are trying to better understand why members have left UUCB. Would you have a few minutes to answer a few short questions?
- No: Would there be a better time?
- Yes: Thank you. I know your time is valuable. I really appreciate your willingness to do this.
- What attracted you to UUCB?
- Why did you decide to join?
- Did you initially feel welcome at UUCB? YES_____Why? NO_____ Why not?
- Did you feel like part of the UUCB community during your time at the church? YES_______ Why? NO______ Why not?
- Why did you decide to leave UUCB?
- (Probe) What else?
- Was there anything else that disappointed you about UUCB?
- Have you found another church home yet? YES____Which one? NO____
- In thinking back, how could we have responded to your needs better?
- Is there anything else we should know to help make UUCB more responsive to people?
- Would you recommend UUCB to a friend or family member? YES_____ Why? NO_____ Why not?
Thank them and terminate the call.