The American Indian
BE IT RESOLVED: That the Unitarian Universalist Association urge the Congress to develop and adopt a new comprehensive national policy for the American Indians including the Eskimos and Aleut. This policy should be based on:
- Their participation in matters of direct concern to them;
- Protection of their property;
- Preservation of historical identity and culture of these peoples;
- Assistance to those Indians who desire to relocate off the reservation;
- Coordination of programs among federal, state, and local agencies to fulfill the nation's moral and legal obligations to the American Indian, the Eskimos, and Aleut.