Climate Action Teams (CATs) are formed by congregations and they determine their own goals and values. The following steps are recommendations that CATs can utilize if they choose so. The main requirement is to register with the Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office.
Create Your Gmail Address
- Go to Gmail.
- Click “Create An Account” on the top right-hand side of the page.
Fill out all listed information.
- Use the email address: email@example.com.
- Use the point persons’ personal information in this section. Whoever’s information is used will appear as author of all emails.
*Note: If your point person changes, you can change the author of your Gmail messages. Please alert firstname.lastname@example.org if/when your point person changes or for additional assistance.
- Google will ask you for a phone number and then will inform you, either through a voice or text message, what your confirmation number is. Please enter your received confirmation number.
- Google will ask about a profile. Ignore and do not press next step. Simply close your browser window!
- To access your Gmail account, go back to Gmail and log in using your new username and password.
Create Your Blog Using Google Blogger
Note: CATs are encouraged but not required to use Google Blogger to create their own blog. CATs are also invited to join the CAT Facebook page where they can network and share their events and passions.
- Go to Blogger and sign in using your CAT Gmail username and password.
- Under the Confirm Your Profile Section click “Create a limited Blogger profile.” Do not create a Google+ account!
- You will be asked to create a Display Name. We suggest that you choose the name: "(Your Congregation) Climate Action Team."
- At the bottom of the page click the box under “Email Notifications” if you would like to have email notifications sent from Blogger to your Gmail address.
- Click "Continue to Blogger."
- Click “New Blog” towards the top left of the page.
- Chose a title for your blog. We suggest that you also title your blog “(Your Congregation) Climate Action Team.”
- Chose your address. We suggest: "(yourcongregation)cat"
- Blogger will take you back to your main Blogger profile page. You will see at the top of this page your new blog title with a number of options. Click “View Blog” on the far right side.
If you are satisfied with this simple blog design click “New Post ”. If you would like to further design your blog click “Design ” Both are located on the top right hand side of your page.
For further ideas on designing and posting on your blog, contact email@example.com.
These are recommendations for CATs who choose to create a blog. CATs also have our CAT Facebook page where they can network and share their events and passions.
- If possible, advertise your blog on your congregation's website, Facebook, and other UU outlets.
- Post on your blog at least twice a month with news, announcements, and discussions.
Include general information about your CAT and its work including:
- Your CAT’s strategic plan.
- Issues that your CAT is focused on.
- Include photos and videos of your CAT.
- Use your blog to interact with other CAT blogs.
Visit the UU-UNO Climate Justice Initiative Page
The UU-UNO Climate Justice Initiative develops and shares United Nations and Commit2Respond resources and programs for CATs to utilize and participate in. The UU-UNO Climate Justice Initiative creates and promotes projects that can be seen in our Ten Suggestions to Get Involved on Climate Justice. Additionally, we have designed a number of resources including our Climate Change Religious Education Curriculum and tools for CATs to remain politically involved.
By participating in Commit2Respond projects and utilizing the Climate Justice Initiative online resources, CATs will both gain tools to act more effectively within their communities and strengthen the network of Unitarian Universalists acting to address climate justice issues.