Climate Change Informational Resources from the UU-UNO
The Unitarian Universalist United Nations Office (UU-UNO) values both action and knowledge. To encourage you to remain educated and to inform others about the latest research and most up-to-date climate change information, the Climate Justice Initiative has compiled useful resources for accessing climate change portals along with religious education curriculum for your congregation.
Suggested Information Websites
The Climate Justice Initiative recommends that you utilize the range of comprehensive climate change informational resources that are accessible to the public. Below you will find links to a selection of these resources.
- The UN and Climate Change website is the United Nations’ website for all of its climate change activity. This site contains information such as UN climate change adaptation and mitigation work, UN climate change negotiations, and the facts about climate change.
- The Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform is a website run by the United Nations’ Division for Sustainable Development. The website is used as a platform for individuals, organizations, companies, and governments to communicate and learn about the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The website has information on sustainable development issues, copies of reports, a calendar of upcoming and past important events, and a Twitter feed to show up-to-the-minute news on the SDGs.
- The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Newsroom is a website run by the UNFCCC to keep the public up-to-date with global climate change issues and what the United Nations and global community are doing to mitigate them. There is also a Twitter feed on the site to provide up-to-the-minute news on climate change.
- The World Bank Climate Change Knowledge Portal is a central website for comprehensive data and research on climate change. Through this portal you will find resources including climate change reports, climate data, and tools for graphing and comparing data.
- Climate Change Laws of the World is a Columbia Law School database. Through this page you will find climate change laws and policy for countries throughout the international community.
- The Climate Change Task Force provides an enormous spectrum of climate change related information. This resource includes national climate action, UU climate work, tools for countering the climate change disinformation campaign, and more.
Religious Education Curriculum
The UU-UNO's Climate Justice Initiative has developed Religious Education (RE) material about Climate Change for UU congregations to utilize. Climate change is a confusing topic, not to mention terrifying. It often feels more about problems than solutions, which makes it easy to push to the sidelines as “something scientists can deal with.” This course aims to give participants a solid understanding of the facts behind climate change, an appreciation of the earth, and tools to find solutions on a range of scales. Please utilize our Climate Change Religious Education Curriculum!