Info about Zoom
- In order to attend, you MUST have the Zoom desktop or mobile application installed on your computer or mobile device
- How to download Zoom:To download and install Zoom to your computer or mobile device, please click on the following link and choose either the “Zoom Client for Meetings” option for PC or Mac computers or one of the “Zoom Mobile App” options for iOS or Android devices: https://zoom.us/download. We recommend using Zoom on your PC or Mac computer for the best user experience.
- Phone Numbers in case you are joining only by phone:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Zoom Instructions on How To Attend
- Download and install Zoom to your computer or mobile device
- Open your Zoom desktop or mobile app before the meeting begins
- Click or tap the “Join a Meeting” button within the Zoom app
- Enter in the “Meeting ID” information in the “Meeting ID” field
- Enter in your Full Name in the “Your Name” or “Screen Name” field
- Click or tap the “Join” button to continue
- Enter in the “Meeting Passcode” in the “Meeting Passcode” field if prompted to do so
- Click or tap the “Join” or “Continue” button to continue
- Please wait in the “Waiting Room” until the host admits you into the meeting
Why can’t I use the Zoom meeting link to join a meeting?
For safety and security reasons, MidAmerica Region has updated their Zoom policies to omit providing the Zoom link and will only provide the Meeting ID and Passcode information for meetings. This process will allow people a chance to enter their name before joining a meeting. The automatic Zoom link skips this step and makes it is very difficult for staff to allow registered people into a class if their Zoom program identifies them as something other than their full name such as “UU Church”, "John's iPad", or "SuperGamer44."