Congregational Life Advisory Council (CLAC)
Greetings from the Central East Region (CER) Congregational Life Advisory Council.
The Congregational Life Advisory Council acts as a liaison in providing feedback from congregations, professional groups, clusters and other constituencies to the staff. The goal is to provide the best possible support to our congregations and beyond, and provide communication channels to do this. A side benefit of this is the sharing of wider denominational information with the congregations, clusters and other groups with which the council is in relationship.
The Advisory Council contacts congregations throughout the year to check on their needs and their experiences with CER staff. They meet every other month with the Regional Lead to provide feedback and discuss services.
The advisory council members are:
- Becky Brooks (acceberskoorb [at] gmail [dot] com), Religious Educator and CER Adjunct Consultant
- Laura Conkle (lauraconkle [at] hotmail [dot] com), former Ohio-Meadville District Board Member & Central East Transitions Team
- Rev. Megan Foley (mfoley [at] uua [dot] org), Central East Region Lead
- Paula Gribble, (dre [at] uucch [dot] org), Director of Religious Education, UU Church in Cherry Hill, NJ.
- Melissa C. Jeter (melissacjeter [at] gmail [dot] com), First Unitarian Church of Toledo, Commissioned Lay Ministry candidate
- Carla Johnson (carla [dot] cj [dot] johnson [at] gmail [dot] com, Joseph Priestley District Board Member
- Rev. Kimberly Quinn Johnson (minister [at] uucsf [dot] org), UU Congregation South Fork, NY, Minister
- Jay Klemme, UU Fellowship of Wayne County in Wooster, OH, Lay Leader.
- Nancy Lewin (nlewin56 [at] gmail [dot] com), UU Fellowship of Plattsburgh, Commissioned Lay Ministry candidate
We look forward to meeting many of you through our outreach. Anticipate getting a call from us soon! Please contact any of the council members with any questions you may have.