Greetings from the Central East Region (CER) Congregational Life Advisory Council.
The Central East Region Advisory Council acts as a liaison in providing feedback from congregations, professional groups, clusters and other constituencies to our UUA staff and board members. The goal is to provide the best possible support to our congregations and beyond, and provide communication channels to do this. A side benefit of this is the sharing of wider denominational information with the congregations, clusters and other groups with which the council is in relationship.
The Advisory Council contacts congregations throughout the year to check on their needs and their experiences with our Unitarian Universalist Association, including regional staff. They meet every month with Jessica York, Director of Congregational Life to provide feedback and discuss services.
Current advisory council members are:
- Becky Brooks (firstname.lastname@example.org), Religious Educator and CER Adjunct Consultant
- Laura Conkle (email@example.com), former Ohio-Meadville District Board Member & Central East Transitions Team
- Paula Gribble, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Religious Education, UU Church in Cherry Hill, NJ.
We look forward to meeting many of you through our outreach. We will continue to reach out during this time of global pandemic. We need each other now, more than ever. Please contact any of the council members with any questions you may have.
If you can imagine this work of creating connections between Unitarian Universalists here in the Central East Region and our Unitarian Universalist Association Administration and Board of Trustees as part of your ministry, please let us know! Members of our Central East Region Advisory Council have lived all across our region and held many different roles from lay leader to Director of Religious Education to Minister to member. If you are a Unitarian Universalist living here in our Central East Region, who is excited about building connections, we'd love to hear from you. The membership of the Advisory Council is balanced to represent as many of the identities and locations in our Central East Region, as possible within a ten member team.
Our gratitude is big for the following folx, who have completed their service on the Central East Region Advisory Council. Thank you for creating connections between Unitarian Universalists living in the Central East Region and our Unitarian Universalist Association!
- Rev. Megan Foley, Central East Region Lead (2017-2019)
- Rev. Joan Van Becelaere, Central East Region Lead (2015-2017)
- Carla Johnson, Joseph Priestley District Board Member (2015-2019)
- Rev. Kimberly Quinn Johnson, UU Congregation South Fork, NY, Minister, member Black Lives of Unitarian Universalism Organizing Collective Board of Directors (2015-2019)
- Leah Purcell, Director of Religious Education and Family Ministry, Fist Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany (2018-2019)
- Melissa C. Jeter, First Unitarian Church of Toledo, Commissioned Lay Ministry candidate (2018-2019)
- Jay Klemme, UU Fellowship of Wayne County in Wooster, OH, Lay Leader (2018-2019)
- Nancy Lewin (email@example.com), UU Fellowship of Plattsburgh, Commissioned Lay Ministry candidate (2018)
- Rev. Jo VonRue, May Memorial Unitarian Universalist Society, NY, Minister (2016-2017)
- Rev. Hanna Roberts Villnave, formerly Unitarian Universalist Church of Annapolis, MD, Intern, Currently Unitarian Universalist Church of Cheyenne, WY, Minister (2016-2017)
- Josh Shae, Fist Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany lay leader (2015-2016)
- Rev. Jude Geiger, Metro New York Board of Trustees, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Huntington, NY, Minister (2015-2016)
- Rev. Dr. Kate Walker, Mount Vernon Unitarian Church, VA, Minister (2015-2017)
- Kabir Kuriyan, Metro New York District, Lay Leader (2015-2016)
- Rev. Lane Campbell, First Universalist Church of Rochester, NY, Minister (2015-2017)
- Rev. Craig Hirshberg, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Sumerset Hills, NJ, Minister Emerita (2015-2016)