Friends of MidAmerica
The MidAmerica Region of the UUA provides congregational life services to 186 congregations across 13 states. These services range from transitions (when a settled religious professional arrives or departs) and religious education assistance, to cultural competence, leadership development, and conflict transformation work.
In the MidAmerica Region, our congregations have reduced their Annual Program Fund gifts by over 25% since the 2007 recession. While we work to help congregations raise their gifts, your contribution now to Friends of the MidAmerica Region helps close this financial gap. These contributions are particularly crucial to allowing us to continue to find ways to assist congregations in responding to new and emerging needs.
In the coming year money received from the Friends of MidAmerica Program will:
- Host Regional Assembly April 5-7, 2019 in St. Louis, Missouri. UUA President Reverend Susan Frederick-Gray will be the keynote speaker. Worship and workshops on a variety of topics included!
- Provide Stewardship Webinar Series - upcoming webinars on November 1, 2018, January 14 and February 11, 2019
- Support thirty congregations in ministerial transition in 2019-2020
- Offer Love Keeps Reaching Out, a one-day workshop that helps congregations develop a plan to reach out into the community while staying grounded in core identity and mission. Contact Phil Lund plund [at] uua [dot] org if interested!
Friends of MidAmerica donations come in the form of $10, $50, and $500 or more. You can donate to Friends here. Or make a check payable to “MidAmerica Region,” write "Friends" in the memo line and mail it to 2355 Fairview Ave. N. #312, Roseville, MN 55113. If you have already given, thank you! We appreciate your gifts!
Sharon K. Dittmar MidAmerica Region Congregational Life Consultant
(513) 823-3535, sdittmar [at] uua [dot] org