The MidAmerica Region of the UUA provides congregational life services to approximately 187 congregations, 5 emerging congregations, and 7 covenanting communities across 13 states. In a year of adaptation, these services include COVID-19 relationship building and support services, leadership development, faith formation, cultural competence and dismantling systemic white supremacy support, as well as coaching in stewardship and conflict transformation. In the past year, money received from the Friends of MidAmerica Program funded (among many specific and general services):
- Increased staff sharing with the Southern Region so that we can offer more youth and religious education programming and resources as well as ministerial transitions services.
- Eight conversation sessions in March and April 2021 on re-opening congregational space.
- Two webinars in winter 2021 by Stewardship for Us and hosted by the Region, to support congregations in the spring 2021 canvas season.
- A four part group spiritual direction series for Religious Educators using Widening the Circle of Concern.
- A spring 2021 webinar entitled “Practical Advice on Copyright for Worship.”
- Facilitated congregational-sized staff affinity groups that enable staff from our Regional congregations to share resources, questions, and support.
And coming in fall 2021
- Extended Leadership Experience 200, the second part of our virtual leadership experience, building on the work of our highly successful virtual Extended Leadership Experience from fall 2020 and spring 2021.
Friends of MidAmerica donations come in the form of $10, $50, and $500 or more. You can donate using the form below, or a check payable to “MidAmerica Region.” Write "Friends" in the memo line and mail it to 2355 Fairview Ave. N. #312, Roseville, MN 55113. Please consider making a donation before the end of our fiscal year on June 30. To those of you who have already given, thank you! We appreciate your generosity!
Sharon K. Dittmar
MidAmerica Region Congregational Life Consultant
(513) 823-3535, email@example.com
Friends of MidAmerica Region UUA Online Donation Form
On page 2, please also include your phone number and your Congregation's Full Name, City and State in the Comments field. (e.g. Second Unitarian Church of Chicago, IL)