Friends of MidAmerica
The MidAmerica Region of the UUA provides congregational life services to 185 congregations, 9 emerging congregations, and 8 covenanted communities across 13 states. These services include faith formation, cultural competence, stewardship, leadership and mission development, and conflict transformation work.
In the MidAmerica Region, our congregations have reduced their Annual Program Fund gifts by over 25% since the 2007 recession. While we work to help congregations raise their gifts, your contribution now to Friends of the MidAmerica Region helps close this financial gap.
Thanks to gifts from this past year the Region was able to fund several programs, including new training for youth, young adults, and adult lay leaders from 24 congregations in lay pastoral skills and spiritual direction. Participants then shared these skills with their congregation and at Regional events.
In the coming year money received from the Friends of MidAmerica Program will (among many specific and general services):
- Fund the Midwest Leadership School for both youths and adults (July 14-20, 2019 at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa). https://www.mwls.org/
- Provide Stewardship Webinars - upcoming webinars for 2019-2020 on “Tiered Giving” and “Engagement with High Impact Donors”
- Offer Spiritual Leadership in Communities of Faith: A Contemplative Retreat (August 3-8, 2019) on spiritual direction for professional religious and lay leaders https://spiritualleadershipretreat.org/
Friends of MidAmerica donations come in the form of $10, $50, and $500 or more. You can donate online by going to https://www.uua.org/midamerica/giving. Or make a check payable to “MidAmerica Region,” write "Friends" in the memo line and mail it to 2355 Fairview Ave. N. #312, Roseville, MN 55113. If you have already given, thank you! We appreciate your gifts!
Sharon K. Dittmar
MidAmerica Region Congregational Life Consultant
(513) 823-3535, sdittmar [at] uua [dot] org
In 2018-19, money received from the Friends of MidAmerica Program:
- Helped host Regional Assembly April 5-7, 2019 in St. Louis, Missouri. UUA President Reverend Susan Frederick-Gray was the keynote speaker. Worship and workshops on a variety of topics included!
- Provided Stewardship Webinar Series - November 1, 2018, January 14 and February 11, 2019
- Support thirty congregations in ministerial transition in 2019-2020
- Offer Love Keeps Reaching Out, a one-day workshop that helps congregations develop a plan to reach out into the community while staying grounded in core identity and mission. Contact Phil Lund plund [at] uua [dot] org if interested!