The Renaissance program is adapting the opportunities for online learning during COVID times in several ways. Online modules may be sponsored by a group just as in-person modules are. Regions, LREDA chapters, local cluster groups or individual congregations can sponsor modules; check the scheduled modules calendar or contact the Renaissance Office for more information.
Additionally, the Renaissance Office offers five of the “core” Renaissance modules online on a twice-a-year basis so that participants and congregations can confidently plan ahead for these professional development opportunities. These existing (15-hour) in-person modules have been adapted to an online format consisting of five two-hour sessions:
- Administration as Leadership—offered in April; we hope to offer it again in October or November 2020
- Curriculum Planning—offered in July and January/February
- Philosophy of RE—offered in July and January/February
Teacher Development—offered in August and March(cancelled in fall 2020 due to COVID)
- UU Identity—offered in April and October
Due to being in an all-online environment because of COVID, the Renaissance Office has also offered the following adapted curricula:
- Adult Faith Formation Online - offered in August and September 2020
- Online Worship - we hope to offer this in January 2021
Online modules are limited to 15 participants and the registration fee is $175 due at the time of registration by credit card only. Once the module is full, you can request to be placed on the waiting list. No refunds if canceled within a week of the start date.
Two Renaissance modules are only offered online because they require substantially more reading and assignments than a typical 15-hour module (probably closer to 30-35 hours). They consist of at least six two-hour sessions:
- Unitarian Universalist (UU) History
- Unitarian Universalist (UU) Theology
Several modules have been adapted as a combination of online and in-person learning, known as hybrid modules; these consist of three online sessions and an in-person gathering:
- Administration as Leadership
- Adult Faith Formation (also available as online module)
- Curriculum Planning
- Teacher Development
- Unitarian Universalist Identity
For more information, contact the Renaissance Office.