Career Development for Ministers, Interim Ministry
Regarding the Upcoming Interim Search!
If you are planning an interim search, please:
- Do not create an interim application in the current settlement system. The UUA is developing a new search system to replace it which we expect will be available later in March.
- Send an email to transitions [at] uua [dot] org to let us know. Include your congregation’s full name, city, and state and the name and email for your contact person.
- Also tell us if the interim ministry will be full-time or what percent of time and the planned duration (two years is recommended).
- Transitional Ministry Handbook (PDF, 43 pages) (Word)
The updated comprehensive guide for all transitional ministries. Includes sample contracts for both interim and consulting ministries.
- Watch The Interim Opportunity. Essential viewing for congregations at the beginning of their ministerial transition period.
- The Interim Opportunity (PDF, 2 pages)
A planning guide to accompany the DVD.
- Janus Workbook
A collection of resources for use in congregations in the interim.
- Special Care Congregations (PDF, 14 pages) (The Necessities of Two Year Interims)
By Robert Latham
- Interim Progress Appraisal
To be completed by ministers and lay leaders, online, after 6 months; after 12 months; and for two year interims, again at the end of the second year.