If your congregation would like to join this visibility movement, here are resources to help. Please note that the business recommendations below are for companies that Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) staff or Unitarian Universalist (UU) movement leaders have suggested based on UU values of equity and inclusion. But they are simply suggestions.
- Get your whole congregation on board with the plan to display a banner. Here are tips for taking action as a congregation.
- Get inspiration for designing your own banner—check out these beautiful examples from other UUs
- Recommended vendors for creating banners and other materials:
- Leaders in the Black Lives UU movement recommend using Korie Burn of Burn Graphic Design. This is a black-owned design shop based in Baltimore, Maryland.
- The UUA has a relationship with H&W Printing, a union print shop in Mt. Rainier, Maryland, to special order Standing on the Side of Love Banners. Use this PDF form to place your order.
- Worship resources for banner dedication ceremonies and more