What should you do before you arrive? What should you bring with you to General Assembly?
Before your arrival
Did you submit your Youth Caucus Participant Covenant (all youth participants PDF or Online), Parental Permission Form and Adult Sponsor Responsibilities Agreement (youth participants under 18 (PDF or Online)?
If your forms are not submitted, you will be unable to pick up your name badge when you arrive at General Assembly until completed forms are provided. Without your name badge, you are unable to attend GA events. Don’t miss out! Submit your forms today. Here's how:
Have questions about your forms? Contact youth [at] uua [dot] org or call 617-948-4350.
Have you discussed with your youth / with your sponsor your agreements for what events you’ll attend, how you’ll keep in touch, or what the boundaries are around where in New Orleans you can go? If not, check out the Sponsor Welcome information for some suggested agreements you might come to. Do this before you travel!
Have you downloaded the GA Mobile App? Plan your schedule, see what exhibits will be available and get connected to other attendees.
Bring the following with you to General Assembly:
- enough clothes for each day of your trip, plus an extra day’s worth. Don’t get caught without enough if you get stuck in the rain or drop your smoothie.
- reusable water bottle &/or coffee mug
- day pack to carry all the fun stuff you’ll get at GA
- UU t-shirts, jewelry, etc.
- Bathing suit (many hotels have swimming pools)
- a notebook and pen
- sweater, sweatshirt or wrap for cold, air-conditioned meeting rooms
- comfortable shoes
- money for food (check out these Tips for doing GA on a Budget)
- money for tips for housekeeping in your hotel/lodging
- medication, only enough for yourself for the week
These items are good to bring with you if you have them:
- Standing on the Side of Love shirt (will be available for purchase in the Exhibit Hall)
- camera or smartphone
- cell phone for keeping in touch with sponsors/youth
- money for the Exhibit Hall
- small musical instruments for spontaneous jam sessions (put a luggage tag with your name and contact info on the case)
- board or card games (write your name on games you bring) for our super fun game night
- something fancy or fun to wear for the GA dance
- your copy of Just Mercy for author and Ware Lecturer Bryan Stevenson to sign (will be available for purchase in the Exhibit Hall)