General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Attendees worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to send voting delegates.
General Assembly 2015
June 24-28, Portland, OR
- 2015 schedule of events
- Housing General Assembly
- Registration and Financial Aid
- Portland travel information
- 2015 Ware Lecturer Dr. Cornel West
Chaplains sought for General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee (GAPC) is seeking volunteers to serve as GA Chaplains. These individuals must be ministers in fellowship with the UUA Ministerial Fellowship Committee (MFC) (final fellowship preferred) and in good standing with the Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association (UUMA), who have excellent pastoral skills and bring knowledge and skills in both anti-oppression work and cultural sensitivity. The UUA covers the cost of GA registration for all GA chaplains. Apply by February 28.
Camp Director sought for General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee is seeking applications for curriculum and implementation of a day camp that actively engages children in developing a spiritual practice and identity which builds on the 2015 theme for GA: Building a New Way. Compensation includes honorarium, lodging and GA registration. Request for Proposals.
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) General Assembly & Conference Services professional staff coordinate logistics such as registration, housing, the exhibit hall, services to our attendees prior to General Assembly, and the GA Program. Contact General Assembly & Conference Services Office Staff.
The General Assembly Planning Committee selects the site for each General Assembly, sets the daily schedule, and determines which organizations affiliated with the UUA may present program material. In addition, the committee oversees the annual Ware Lecture, Opening Events, music, ambiance, and evening activities. The UUA Board, based on recommendations by the Planning Committee, selects GA sites four to five years in advance. Site selection criteria.
Future General Assemblies
- June 24-28: 2015 Portland, OR
- June 22-26: 2016 Columbus, OH
- June 21-25: 2017 New Orleans, LA
- June 20-24: 2018 Kansas City, MO
Accessibility and Inclusivity at General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee is committed to addressing the inclusion of all people, whatever their abilities might be, in all GA activities.
- Accessibility Services—Even if you are someone who doesn't usually use assistive equipment, you might really be helped by the available services, from mobility and hearing equipment to advice and orientation services.
- Local Site Information—Our gathered intelligence on navigating the convention center and getting around the immediate area.
- Commitment to Inclusion—Beyond the physical accessibility of the facilities we use—ramps, captioning, seating cut-outs, etc.—we endeavor to take the next step: to truly welcome people with disabilities into every facet of GA.
- Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, Multiculturalism—The UUA affirms its commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Economic Accessibility—The GA Planning committee is focused on creating opportunities to participate, including financial aid and subsidized child care.
- Logos and Other Downloadable Resources for Promoting General Assembly in Your Congregation
For more information contact email@example.com.