General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Attendees worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to send voting delegates.
General Assembly 2017
June 21-25, New Orleans, LA
General Assembly 2017 took place June 21-25 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130.
- Submit your Attendee Feedback about General Assembly 2017
- On-Demand Video and Workshop Materials
Video and text captured from the live captioners, and handouts or other presenter-submitted workshop materials
- UU World reporting: their GA Blog, as @UUWorld on Twitter, and their photo album on Flickr
- Annual Reports presented to the 2017 General Assembly
- DRAFT Minutes (PDF) of the 2017 GA, pending adoption by the UUA Board of Trustees
General Assembly 2018
June 20-24, Kansas City, MO
General Assembly 2018 will take place at the Kansas City Convention Center, 301 W 13th St, Kansas City, MO 64105 (map).
The City of Fountains is practically overflowing with adventure. Whether it’s the scent of smoldering BBQ luring you to a plate of ribs, the sweet echo of jazz welcoming an evening of entertainment or the spray of fountains inviting you to kick off your shoes and make a splash, you’ll sense inspiration in the air – and find it along every boulevard.
As America's most centrally located major metropolitan area, Kansas City's location is a huge advantage for travelers. In fact, more than 55 million Americans can get to Kansas City in less than a day’s drive. And flying here is even easier—as Kansas City International Airport is just a three-hour flight away from each coast. All major U.S. air carriers serve KCI, which offers more than 400 daily flights with nonstop service to 48 destinations.
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) General Assembly & Conference Services professional staff coordinate logistics such as registration, housing, the exhibit hall, services to our attendees prior to General Assembly, and the GA Program. Contact General Assembly & Conference Services Office Staff.
The General Assembly Planning Committee selects the site for each General Assembly, sets the daily schedule, and determines which organizations affiliated with the UUA may present program material. In addition, the committee oversees the annual Ware Lecture, Opening Events, music, ambiance, and evening activities. The UUA Board, based on recommendations by the Planning Committee, selects GA sites four to five years in advance. Site selection criteria.
Future General Assemblies
- June 21-25: 2017 New Orleans, LA
- June 20-24: 2018 Kansas City, MO
- June 19-23: 2019 Spokane, WA
- June 24-28: 2020 Providence, RI
Accessibility and Inclusivity at General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee is committed to addressing the inclusion of all people, whatever their abilities might be, in all GA activities.
- Accessibility Services—Even if you are someone who doesn't usually use assistive equipment, you might really be helped by the available services, from mobility and hearing equipment to advice and orientation services.
- Commitment to Inclusion—Beyond the physical accessibility of the facilities we use—ramps, captioning, seating cut-outs, etc.—we endeavor to take the next step: to truly welcome people with disabilities into every facet of GA.
- Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, Multiculturalism—The UUA affirms its commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Economic Accessibility—The GA Planning committee is focused on creating opportunities to participate, including financial aid and subsidized child care.
- Logos and Other Downloadable Resources for Promoting GA in Your Congregations.