General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Attendees worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to send voting delegates.
General Assembly 2016
June 22-26, Columbus, OH
- On-Demand Video and Workshop Materials
Video and text captured from the live captioners, and handouts or other presenter-submitted workshop materials
Association Business & Social Witness
Annual reports, general session coverage, and social justice statements
GA Audio and Video Recordings for Registrants
All GA registrants receive access to a library of audio or video recordings of over 100 GA programs. The files may be streamed and/or downloaded as permissions allow. Access to these recordings may be also be purchased by non-attendees for $75.
General Assembly 2017
June 21-25, New Orleans, LA
Planning has begun for General Assembly 2017 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, 900 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130. New Orleans is one of the world's most fascinating cities – it's home to a truly unique melting pot of culture, food and music. Come down and experience New Orleans, one of America's most culturally and historically-rich destinations.
- September 26, 2016
Program Proposal Form Available
- October 28, 2016
Program Proposal Deadline
Exhibit Hall Reservations Available
Sponsorship and Advertising Reservations Available
- January 27, 2017
Exhibit Hall Reservation Deadline
Sponsorship and Advertising Deadline
- March 1, 2017
Housing Reservations Open
Financial Aid Applications Available
- March 31, 2017
Financial Aid Application Deadline
- May 1, 2017
Registration Rates Increase
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) General Assembly & Conference Services professional staff coordinate logistics such as registration, housing, the exhibit hall, services to our attendees prior to General Assembly, and the GA Program. Contact General Assembly & Conference Services Office Staff.
The General Assembly Planning Committee selects the site for each General Assembly, sets the daily schedule, and determines which organizations affiliated with the UUA may present program material. In addition, the committee oversees the annual Ware Lecture, Opening Events, music, ambiance, and evening activities. The UUA Board, based on recommendations by the Planning Committee, selects GA sites four to five years in advance. Site selection criteria.
Future General Assemblies
- June 21-25: 2017 New Orleans, LA
- June 20-24: 2018 Kansas City, MO
- June 19-23: 2019 Spokane, WA
Accessibility and Inclusivity at General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee is committed to addressing the inclusion of all people, whatever their abilities might be, in all GA activities.
- Accessibility Services—Even if you are someone who doesn't usually use assistive equipment, you might really be helped by the available services, from mobility and hearing equipment to advice and orientation services.
- Commitment to Inclusion—Beyond the physical accessibility of the facilities we use—ramps, captioning, seating cut-outs, etc.—we endeavor to take the next step: to truly welcome people with disabilities into every facet of GA.
- Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, Multiculturalism—The UUA affirms its commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Economic Accessibility—The GA Planning committee is focused on creating opportunities to participate, including financial aid and subsidized child care.
- Logos and Other Downloadable Resources for Promoting GA in Your Congregations.