Campus Ministry @ GA
Campus Ministry @ GA
Campus Ministry @ GA
By Kayla Parker
June 12, 2013
So Much to Do In Just Enough Time!General Assembly is the annual conference of Unitarian Universalists. This year it will be held in Louisville, KY from June 19th - June 23rd. If you'll be attending and are involved or interested in being involved in campus ministry, there are some events that you might want to be a part of. If you won’t be there, there are ways to tune in online! Note: If you are a campus ministry leader attending General Assembly (GA) and did not receive the email from Kayla with a PDF document containing invite-only gatherings for campus ministry leaders, please email her at ya-cm [at] uua [dot] org to receive this!
Helpful Links for General Assembly- Watch Online - The 2013 Program Book - Final Business Agenda - The 2013 Schedule - The GA Mobile App
Campus Ministry RibbonsIf you are a part of a campus ministry group, or part of a congregation that supports a campus ministry group, you can get a campus ministry ribbon! Wear it proudly, tell people who don't have one how awesome campus ministry is, and strike up conversations with others who have a campus ministry ribbon. Pick them up in the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries’ booth in the exhibit hall of the convention center. There are also some awesome campus ministry highlighters there for you. J
Campus Ministry Events- Campus Ministry Procession in Banner Parade
- Wednesday, June 19th, 7:15-8:00pm
- Meet at 7:15 at the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministries booth in the exhibit hall; we’ll gather there and then head over together to line up at the Convention Center 2nd Level Walkway.
- You bring yourself and any signage you have for your campus ministry group – we provide the red graduation caps!
- We will be marching right into the opening plenary session, so you can stay for this after if you’d like!
- Friday, June 21st, 1:45-3:15
- Convention Center, #208
- Description: Why do campus ministry? Hear testimony from UU leaders who found, kept, and lost our faith in college. How to do campus ministry? Learn from leaders of different types of campus ministry groups in the MidAmerica Region and staff from the UUA. Get tools and connections to take home.
- Presenters Panel: Jake Lyonfields, Student Leader at Washington University; Rev. Mary Ann Macklin, Minister at UU Church of Bloomington and campus ministry at Indiana University ; Rev. Jill Jarvis, Minister at Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence and Ecumenical Campus Ministries at University of Kansas; Kayla Parker, Campus Ministry Associate, UUA
Other Events of Interest- Young Adult Caucus
- Check out events hosted by the Young Adult Caucus! Look for details to come from them, and find more details in the General Assembly Program Book.
- America’s poorest neighborhoods are also its most polluted. What can be done? Read more about this event, and sign up today!
- Along with the GA Young Adult Caucus and the Continental UU Young Adult Network (C*UUYAN), the UU Ministry for Earth has scheduled an Environmental Justice Tours of Louisville with The Earth & Spirit Center on Wed, June 19, from 6-8pm.
- Check out all their events, and a special invitation to the Standing on the Side of Love Networking Event! RSVP today!
- This is your chance to get an insider look at the campaign, provide feedback, share ideas and best practices, and see where we’re headed in the coming months.
- When: Friday, June 21, drop in anytime between 12:00-1:45pm
- Where: Louisville Marriott Downtown Skybox (Meeting Room 7)
- Religious educators, ministers, seminarians, administrators, musicians and other Unitarian Universalist religious professionals under 35 are cordially invited to attend a reception in their honor at General Assembly in Louisville, KY.
- Check out all of the worships you want of course, but be sure not to miss the Synergy Bridging Worship this year! It’s on Friday from 8:30-10 pm, right after the Ware Lecture, and there will be an awesome live band. J