As we move forward into this anxious time, how we do what we do will make all the difference in helping to control the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please take time to show one another compassion, including your ministers and staff. Try to take time to listen to one another with kindness and understanding. Take time to share how you feel, and hold one another with care.
We care about the health and wellbeing of each of you, your congregations, and the communities your congregations serve. In order to reduce the risk for everyone in our communities as the COVID-19 pandemic progresses we are canceling or postponing in-person events and meetings. We will move to live-streamed or other electronic only alternatives as possible. We are taking this step to help halt the spread of COVID-19. We too will miss the richness of face-to-face community building. Events will resume once we are past the critical period of this pandemic. Those already registered for specific events that are canceled will be notified directly. Additionally, our staff team will be directly in touch with you about any already scheduled congregational consultations and other planned visits.
Suggested UUA resources and recent communications to help as you prepare for COVID-19 minimization in your congregations:
- Updated Recommendations for Your Congregation's Response to COVID-19 (03/12/2020 communication from Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray)
- UU World article, “UUA closes Boston office, discourages large gatherings”
- Preparing for Coronavirus in your Congregation (03/06/2020 communication from Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray)
- COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus 2019) and Your Congregation (this resource page will be updated as new information and resources become available)
- Planning for and Addressing Pandemics in Your Community
- A Guide to Streaming Sunday Services, Meetings, and Classes
- Webinar recording, "Pandemic Prevention and Preparation for UU Communities"
- Church of the Larger Fellowship’s VUU program recording, “Sustaining Connection in a Coronavirus World” (YouTube)
We recommend that you follow COVID-19 advisories issued by your state and local health departments. As you consider how to proceed with minimizing risk in your congregation we urge you to be mindful and considerate of those most vulnerable in your communities.
We are grateful for your understanding during these uncertain times. We are our sibling’s keepers.