Webinar: Pandemic Prevention and Preparation for UU Communities
This webinar was delivered twice: On March 11th and March 17th. The March 17th version is posted above, the March 11th version can be watched in Vimeo.
Please note that the UUA's recommendation to congregations changed just after the March 11th webinar was given. As UUWorld reports, on March 11th the UUA administration began "discouraging non-essential in-person gatherings of more than twenty-five people in areas impacted by COVID-19, which includes suspending congregational worship services." On March 12th, the UUA updated its stance to "strongly recommend that congregations avoid gatherings of more than 25 people."
COVID-19 Webinar Slides
- View the slides for the March 17th webinar (in Google Drive)
- View the slides for the March 11th webinar (in Google Drive)
Links Mentioned in the Webinar
- The section of UUA.org headed Planning for and Addressing Pandemics in Your Community contains more detailed guidance on most things discussed in the webinar.
- Resources for COVID-19 includes the emergency operations plans the leaders referred to in the webinar.
- The just-updated Guide to Streaming Sunday Services, Meetings, and Classes in UUA.org's LeaderLab will help your leadership think about how to meet if in-person gatherings are prohibited
- Rev. Erika Hewitt's Braver/Wiser blog post from 3/11/20 The Smallest Biggest Number was the very moving reading we began with. It includes an excerpt from Rev. Theresa Ines Soto's phenomenal book of reflections and poetry, Spilling the Light.