COVID-19 and Your Congregation
The UUA Safe Congregations Team is curating this growing collection of resources specific to novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19). The local and national situation is changing day-by-day and hour-by-hour. Your UUA staff will continue to update these resources as needs evolve.
How to Organize Your COVID-19 Response
- The UUA's guidance Planning for and Addressing Pandemics in Your Community was created for the 2020 COVID-19 outbreak and includes guidance for worship alternatives, small groups, pastoral care, community connections, and more.
- A growing collection of COVID-19 resources on pastoral care, all-ages ministry, connecting with technology, worshipping online and more is in our UUA Leadership Resource Library.
UUA President's Messages
Letters to Unitarian Universalist congregational leaders from UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray
- Practicing Community Care in Our Congregations, a 3/26/2020 letter
- Pastoral Care in a Time of Physical Distancing, a 3/19/20 letter
- Updated Recommendations for Your Congregation's Response to COVID-19, a 3/12/20 letter
- Preparing for Coronavirus in Your Congregation, a 3/6/20 letter
CDC Guidance for Faith Communities
- Guidance for Community- and Faith-Based Organizations from the US Centers for Disease Control links to checklists, literature for distribution, and emergency operations planning resources for congregations.
Emergency Operations Plans
- COVID-19 Emergency Plan from Northlake UU in Kirkland, WA
- Phased Coronavirus Plan from UU Area Church in Sherborn, MA
- A Guide to Streaming Sunday Services, Meetings, and Classes
- A Guide to Pastoral Care and Connection in a Time of Physical Distancing
- Stewardship in a Time of Pandemic
- Don't Let Scammers Take Advantage During Anxious Times