Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Handout 2: Unitarian Universalist Principles and Sources (already in participants' folders)
- Handout 3: Workshop Descriptions and Schedule (already in participants' folders)
- A schedule of all the workshops on newsprint or a digital slide (see Preparation)
- Optional: Computer, digital projector, and screen
Preparation for Activity
- Create a newsprint chart or digital slide of the program schedule, including the workshop topics, dates, and times. You may use Handout 3 as a guide.
Description of Activity
This program offers an opportunity to explore and expand healthy, loving relationships. The time you and your partner spend together in these workshops is an investment in your relationship.
Each person is encouraged to participate freely and share.
As with any activity, the more effort that is put into this time together, the greater the benefit to individuals, couples, and the entire group.
Each workshop includes "Taking it Home" handouts with activities called "Affection Connection" that are to be completed at home. You won't be asked to turn them in. They are designed to encourage continued reflection and sharing between workshops.
Ask participants to take Handouts 2 and 3 out of their folders. Explain that Handout 2 includes the Principles that our Unitarian Universalist congregations affirm and promote. Handout 3 is an overview of the Principled Commitment program that describes each workshop and links it to a Principle. Invite questions about the program's emphasis and content.
Encourage participants to further review the handouts at home.