Submissions for Skinner House Books
We are currently seeking proposals on the following topics. Please note that this list is updated frequently and that it is not comprehensive.
- Leadership development/mentoring in congregations
- Meditations for readers in certain life stages, moving out of parents' home, first job, marriage, first child, divorce, death of parent, etc.
- Reframing the theist/atheist dialogue in Unitarian Universalism
- Introductions to Unitarian Universalism
- Stories about Unitarian Universalism transforming lives
- Living a life of faith
- Innovative worship
- Congregational hospitality toward visitors and new members
- Unitarian Universalist theology on sin, confession, reconciliation
- Connections between pastoral and social justice work
- Presenting Unitarian Universalism to people from a variety of cultural traditions and religious backgrounds
- Prayers for daily life
- Stories of coming into Unitarian Universalism after deep commitment to another faith tradition
Please send in your submission in the form of a query or proposal, addressed to Betsy Martin, bookproposals [at] uua [dot] org.
A query is a way to gauge interest in a book idea before submitting a full proposal. This is appropriate when preparing a proposal would require significant effort (e.g., soliciting contributors for a book of essays). A query should be 1-3 pages long and include the following:
- Description of the proposed manuscript
- The author’s qualifications
- Explanation of why the proposed manuscript is appropriate for the Skinner House audience
A proposal should include:
- A cover letter that summarizes the proposed manuscript, describes the author’s qualifications, and explains why the proposed manuscript is appropriate for the Skinner House audience
- A draft table of contents
- A draft introduction
- 2 sample draft chapters
- We do not consider unsolicited manuscripts.
- Unsolicited hard-copy manuscripts will not be returned.
- All submissions must be sent electronically, with all of the required elements in one document.
- Due to the large number of submissions we receive, Skinner House is unable to comment in detail on proposals that are declined.
For more information contact email@example.com.