Start Here: Your Users' Guide to Youth Caucus at GA
General Assembly 2015 is almost here! We are so excited that you will be joining us for this incredible experience. Whether you attend every GA Youth Caucus event or come to orientation and then spend the rest of the week exploring the wide range of events, worships and workshops available throughout General Assembly, and whether this is your first or fifteenth General Assembly - we welcome you!
You’ll find all of your Youth Caucus User Guide materials right here on Blue Boat in a special section. Each post covers a different topic that you’ll want to take a look at before your arrival in Portland. If you would rather download a single, text-only PDF of all this information, you can download the User Guide (PDF)Get the GA Mobile App to see program listings and maps, and to create your personal GA schedule and get connected with other attendees. First, a message from your Youth Caucus Deans:
SalUUtations Youth, Parents, and Sponsors, As Youth Caucus Deans, we just finished up leading our GA pre-meeting and our staff are now more excited and more ready for General Assembly than ever! We know that General Assembly in Portland will be amazing and we are so glad that you are all joining us! No matter if this is your first year or your fourth it will certainly be one to remember. We are so excited at the possibility of surpassing youth attendance from last year in Providence. Our staff has been working hard to ensure that each youth will have copious opportunities to enjoy programming, gather together in worship, and connect with others in celebration of our faith. We are overjoyed that you will be a part of helping the youth make an impact on the Association. We can’t wait to see you in Portland! Thanks! Sr. Dean Olivia, Jr. Dean AndreaSecond, here’s some essential information about requirements and location. Youth Caucus will meet in room A105-106 of the Oregon Convention Center which is most easily accessed by N.E. Holladay Street. All Youth Caucus programming occurs in this room. Orientation is required for youth and sponsors. Our Youth and Sponsor Orientation is scheduled for 4:30 pm on Wednesday, June 24th and runs until 6:00 pm in the Youth Caucus room. If you arrive at General Assembly after this orientation, there will be daily make-up opportunities at 8:30 am on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Youth and sponsors are required to attend the first orientation that occurs after their arrival. This is the only required Youth Caucus event. Youth are welcome to attend whatever programming they wish throughout the entirety of General Assembly. See the programming section for schedules and highlights (below). Finally, here’s what you’ll find on our pages:
- Sponsor Welcome and Responsibilities: Written to sponsors, it is valuable information for youth and parents as well, about sponsor responsibilities, youth-sponsor relationships, and some agreements that youth and sponsors will want to come to before arriving at General Assembly.
- Programming Highlights: Learn what the Youth Caucus is offering this year, see some highlights from our suggested GA workshop list, and download a blank schedule to plan your GA.
- Get Involved: Looking to lead? There are opportunities to get involved in leadership, whether leading a small group in Youth Caucus or volunteering at this year’s Witness event.
- Get Connected: Join our social media networks on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, as well as learn about the opportunities to connect in person throughout General Assembly.
- Support at GA: Learn more about what our Chaplain team offers.
- Check Lists: What to do before arriving and what to pack! Don’t forget these essentials.
- Witness: This year’s witness event is unlike anything we’ve ever done. Learn more about what to expect.
- Meet the GA Youth Caucus Staff: This team of 10 youth and 5 adults have been working hard to bring you awesome programming and to serve you at General Assembly. Get to know them better here.
- Other Links of Note: Links to videos, activities, blog posts and information that may interest you as you prepare to attend GA.