Ways to Listen
- Listen to each article below by simply selecting the link to the MP3 file.
- Right-click, control-click, or use the applications key to download any MP3 article.
- Download all articles in a ZIP file.
- The power of we Part 1 and The power of we Part 2
Questions probing the heart of our faith.
by Mr. Barb Greve, Elandria Williams, Carey McDonald, Julia Landis, Cammie Horne, Sofía Betancourt, and Elias Ortega-Aponte
- Spiritual friendship and social justice
The Transcendentalists practiced the art of forming and maintaining spiritual friendships that transcended differences of gender, class, theology, politics, and race.
by John Buehrens
- We are the ones we’re waiting for
Like other young gay men of my generation, I had few role models in the 1980s. I’m wrestling with the reality that I am now an elder.
by Kenneth Sutton
- The cup is what holds the light
It is easy to hold up a light and declare that everyone is welcome. It is harder to build a place where everyone is truly at home.
by Susan Frederick-Gray
- ‘You are whole and welcome here’
A Breakthrough Congregation in Virginia builds community through Pride.
by Andrea Dulanto
- Activist wins environmental award
UU Alfred Brownell works to safeguard Liberia’s resources.
by Sherri Daye Scott
- Welcome to UUism: What are Joys and Sorrows?
We do not light candles because we believe they have a supernatural power to them, but we do believe there is power in standing together in these moments.
by Liz James
- Q&A: Adapting ‘A Queer History’ for young readers
An edited version of this Beacon Broadside post appears in the Fall issue of UU World.
by Christian Coleman, Beacon Broadside: A Project of Beacon Press
- UUs protest Homestead child detention center
Thousands of immigrant children are held at for-profit detention center in Florida.
by Elaine McArdle
- Gift card scammers targeting congregations
In carefully targeted scams, email messages designed to look like they were sent by a minister ask members for gift cards.
by Christian Schmidt