Saturday, February 13, 2021, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm PST
This has been a difficult year and we have done many things to Love Right Through all
the challenges. Join us for an afternoon of celebrating our accomplishments and challenges with sharing from spotlighted congregations. Participate in workshops exploring how the pandemic has changed the way we engage with church work, with each other, and with our communities--and how we can move forward. Hear what is happening for good in the world, and opportunities yet to come.
Regional Assembly will run mid-day Saturday, opening with a lively celebration, welcoming, and congregational spotlights before a break heading into workshops or identity-based discussion groups, and back for closing worship and sendoff.
Saturday, February 13, 2021
12 PM-5 PM Pacific/1 PM-6 PM Mountain/11 AM-4 PM Alaska/10 AM-3 PM Hawaii
Cost: $60 general, $20 youth (Sliding scale available!)
***All times are Pacific.
12:00-12:30 – Celebratory Interactive Gathering
12:30-1:15 – Welcome and Spotlight Congregations
1:15-1:30 – Break
1:30-3:00 – Workshops & Caucus Spaces
3:00-3:30 – Break
3:30-4:30 – Worship, Call to Action, and Closing
Workshops & Spaces
***Titles are subject to change
- Loving Right Through: Making Meaning from COVID - Rev. Sarah Gibb Millspaugh & Rev. Sarah Movius Schurr
- Moving at the Speed of Trust: How to Have Transformative Anti-Racist/Anti-Oppression Conversations in Virtual Space - Beloved Conversations Team
- Future of Regionalization/Regional Assembly - Rev. Carlton Smith, Amanda Radak & Rev. Kevin Larson
- Stewardship: Budgeting in a Time of Uncertainty - Dr. Melissa James & Stewardship for Us, Rachel Maxwell & Kay Crider
- Protect Juristac: Supporting Indigenous Rights & Activism - First Unitarian Church of San Jose, Starr King UU Church, UU Justice Ministry of California
- Ministry with Children, Youth and Families in These Times - Annie Scott, CRE & Rev. Summer Albayati
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) Space with Rev. Alicia Forde & Rhiannon Smith
Mountain Desert District will hold its annual meeting in conjunction with Regional Assembly, on Saturday the 13th at 9:30 AM Pacific/10:30 AM Mountain. For more information, registration, and delegate certification, visit the MDD website. Other districts may hold social gatherings throughout the weekend, and we will let you know when more information is available.
We hope you and your congregation will join us for worship with the UUA and Side With Love on Side With Love Sunday, February 14th. The full worship service will be available for download before the 14th, so you may watch it at any time. PWR will host a virtual coffee hour on Sunday afternoon (details coming soon).
Questions? You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.