It's important to understand that our faith communities have gone through a traumatic experience, and that is having an impact on our physical and mental functioning.
Things to Consider
- Some of our people may have past trauma that is being triggered
- It takes a lot more energy to do "normal" tasks
- People's sense of time can be distorted
- People have a harder time taking in information, so we need to communicate more often (think 4 times as often) and in as many different ways as possible
- People are going to want to go back to the "old normal"
- When we are back meeting in person and it isn't the "same," people will experience a kind of unraveling
- People will be feeling tired, depressed and exhausted, including the leaders
- It will take five to ten years for congregations to heal
- Avoid a sense of urgency and take your time