Designed for small congregations, lay-led congregations, congregations with part-time ministry, and any congregation that is seeking resources for worship, Congregational Life's Sermon of the Month Series is a monthly subscription service that provides recorded sermons congregations can download and use for worship. Along with a transcript of the sermon, each month’s offering will include suggested readings and hymns.
Speakers will be members of the Congregational Life staff, other UUA staff groups, or guest preachers from around the country. Here are the upcoming speakers in the series:
- September: Rev. Sarah Gibb Millspaugh, Congregational Life Staff, Pacific Western Region UUA
- October: Rev. Michael J. Crumpler, LGBTQ and Multicultural Programs Director at the UUA
- November: Rev. Bruce Bode, Minister Emeritus, Quimper Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Port Townsend, Washington
- December: Rev. Phil Lund, Congregational Life Staff, MidAmerica Region, UUA
- January: Beth Caseboolt, Congregational Life Staff, Central East Region, UUA
- February: The Rev. Darrick Jackson, Director of Ministries for Lifelong Learning of the UU Ministers Association
The subscription costs $350 for 12 monthly sermons that can be used at any time. Annual Program Fund (APF) Honor Congregation will receive a $50 discount. To subscribe to the Sermon of the Month Series, please fill out the form below. Once a congregation has subscribed, they will receive an email at the beginning of each month with a link to access a video of that month's sermon, along with a transcript and suggested readings and hymn.
If you would like to see the sermons offered last year, please visit the MidAmerica Sermon Resources.