Minimize Interruptions with Church FAQ
Q. Our church administrator has trouble getting work done because of frequent interruptions from people who ask questions they should know the answers to. What can we do?
A. The Unitarian Universalist Church of Bloomington, IN, created a three-page document that answers many of the questions that are commonly asked of administrators. It includes the following headings:
- Newsletter (deadlines, publication dates, etc.);
- Copying (who can use the church copier, when to use an outside firm);
- Typing and mailing (do your own committee’s typing; the office will provide, with adequate notice, post-age, paper, labels, etc.);
- Consulting (please make an appointment if you want to meet with the administrator);
- Facilities use (reserve rooms with the administrator, return keys);
- Keys (can be borrowed by chairs for access to the building);
- Check requests (complete a voucher form one week in advance);
- Church office hours (days and hours the office is open);
- Communication (how to reach the administrator by phone, email, and fax).