Installation Checklist for the UUA WordPress Theme for Congregations
Once you’ve decided you want to implement the UUA WordPress theme for congregational websites, follow these steps.
- Gather information and make sure you’ve got the know-how: check out What You Need to Know.
- If your congregation already uses WordPress for its website, read Using the UUA Theme with an Existing WordPress Site.
- Set up a staging environment for your new site on a web server. (You don’t want to do the setup live on your site!) This guide from WPBeginner.com tells you how to set up such an environment.
- Download and install WordPress on to your staging environment.
- Do these WordPress setup tasks, including setting up user accounts for the people who will be maintaining your new site.
Installing the UUA Theme:
- Follow these detailed instructions to buy, upload, and activate the UUA WordPress Theme.
- Install the WordPress plugins that the UUA theme requires.
Configure our Site, Building Content, and Maintenance:
Optional: The UUA Theme provides a certain number of configuration options. If you need to customize your website beyond the options provided, you’ll need to edit the code of the theme. Read this guidance on customization and Child Themes.
Watch the Video
See how it happens! Watch Christopher Wulff demonstrate creating a website with the Theme (download the MP4 file) in this November 21st, 2015 recorded webinar.