Read This First: Your Welcome Packet
Dear Awesome UU Youth, Parents and Sponsors, Both of the Youth Caucus Deans here reporting in after a spring filled with collaboration, planning, laughter, caffeine, and, of course, tons of excitement! Every one of our excellent staff members have been working extremely hard to make this GA a new experience for everyone – no matter how many GAs you've been to before. We're so excited at the prospect of having so many youth joining our caucus this year. It creates so many more opportunities to learn from other districts and regions. It creates so many opportunities to have a greater impact on the wider General Assembly community, and our faith as a whole. We know it's a big opportunity for youth and we're so excited for you to be a part of this! It's going to be a big group with the potential for creating a huge impact. We can't wait to see you in Providence! Thank you! Sr. Dean Owen, Jr. Dean OliviaSecond, here's some essential information about requirements and location.
Youth Caucus will meet in the Waterplace Ballroom of the Omni Hotel. The Omni is directly connected to the Rhode Island Convention Center and the Waterplace Ballroom is near the skyway that connects them. All Youth Caucus programming occurs in this room.
Orientation is required for youth and sponsors. Our Youth and Sponsor Orientation is scheduled for 4:30pm on Wednesday, June 25th and runs until 6:00pm in the Youth Caucus room. If you arrive at General Assembly after this orientation, there will be daily make-up opportunities at 8:30am on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Youth and sponsors are required to attend the first orientation that occurs after their arrival. This is the only required Youth Caucus event.
Youth are welcome to attend whatever programming they wish throughout the entirety of General Assembly. See the programming section for schedules and highlights.Finally, here's what you'll find on our pages:
- Sponsor welcome and responsibilities: Written to sponsors, it is valuable information for youth and parents as well, about sponsor responsibilities, youth-sponsor relationships, and some agreements that youth and sponsors will want to come to before arriving at General Assembly.
- Programming Highlights: Learn what the Youth Caucus if offering this year, see some highlights from our suggested GA workshop list, and download a blank schedule to plan your GA.
- Get Involved: Looking to lead? There are opportunities to get involved in leadership, whether leading a small group in Youth Caucus or volunteering at this year's Witness event.
- Get Connected: Join our Social Media networks on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well as learn about the opportunities to connect in person throughout General Assembly.
- Support at GA: Learn more about what our Chaplain team offers.
- Check Lists: What to do before arriving and what to pack! Don't forget these essentials.
- Waterfire: This year's witness event is unlike anything we've ever done. Learn more about what to expect.
- Meet the Youth Caucus Staff: This team of 10 youth and 5 adults have been working hard to bring you awesome programming and to serve you at General Assembly. Get to know them better here.
- Other links of Note: Links out to videos, activities, blog posts and information that may interest you as you prepare to attend GA.