WorshipWeb
Main Content

December 24

December twenty-fourth, The Flaming Chalice (1965). The Unitarian Service Committee adopted the flaming chalice as their logo in 1941. Years later, in 1965, at the West Shore Church in Cleveland, OH the youth led a Christmas service opened by ritually lighting a chalice. This is the first time the chalice was used in this way except for in children's classes and youth gatherings where the practice began. 

About the Author

Ralph Yeager Roberts

Ralph is one of the creators of the Montessori-inspired curriculum Spirit Play, which is used by hundreds of UU churches across the us and canada....

For more information contact worshipweb@uua.org.