Welcome to the 2019-2020 Congregational Year!
As the summer days wind down and school bells start to ring, we on the Southern Region Team are excited for the months that lie between now and the beginning of next summer.
We thought we would take this opportunity to remind you of a few things and to encourage you to consider some others:
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter if you haven’t already.
- Make sure your list of officers and other details are updated at my.uua.org. (Please let us know if you need help with this!)
- Keep up-to-date with Southern Region happenings by liking our Facebook page “Southern Region UUA” and joining our Facebook group, “Southern Region Unitarian Universalists”.
- Let us know about your upcoming major milestones — anniversaries, building dedications, and minister ordinations/installations. We will be happy to include them in our monthly e-news and on our Facebook page where appropriate. To share this information, send an email to sr [at] uua [dot] org.
- Plan for upcoming events by viewing the Southern Region calendar.
- Check with your Congregation President to make sure they’re signed up for our monthly Presidents’ Webinars, where these lay-leaders get support from the Southern Region team and from each other.
- Learn more about the latest going on with our UUA’s efforts to justice initiatives — including countering white supremacy — through Side with Love, Black Lives of UU, Love Resists, and the fall edition of UU World magazine.
- Contact us if you need us: We can help with leadership development, mission/vision processes, long-range planning, conflict transformation, financial questions, building/personnel issues and more. Our administrative team will direct you to an appropriate Team Member — sr [at] uua [dot] org, 407-894-2119 or 877-216-2986.
We look forward to seeing you as we visit your congregations and meeting with you online.
Please be in touch!
Your Southern Region Team:
Natalie Briscoe and Connie Goodbread, Co-Leads
Kathy Charles, Rev. Dawn Cooley, Jessica Curren, Rev. Dr. Hope Johnson, Kathy McGowan,
Christine Purcell, Rev. Carlton E. Smith, Cameron Young, and Nancy Combs-Morgan