Session 10: Tango
Session 10: Tango
Session 10: Tango
In This Section
Nor need we power or splendor, wide hall or lordly dome; The good, the true, the tender — these form the wealth of home. — Sarah J. Hale...
ACTIVITY MINUTES Opening 5 Activity 1: Pairing Penguins 10 Activity 2: Family Badges 10 Activity 3: Story — Tango's Family 10 Activity 4:...
Family structure is not always visible. Unless you know the families of all the children in the Creating Home group, do not assume anything...
Materials for Activity Chalice candle or LED/battery-operated candle Lighter and extinguisher, if needed Labyrinth Basket of name stones...
Materials for Activity A small stone or pebble Music CD and player Preparation for Activity Choose music for the group to dance to, and...
Materials for Activity Construction paper Scissors (including left-handed scissors) Optional: Compass or circle template One-hole puncher...
Materials for Activity A copy of story, "A Penguin Family" Optional: A copy of the book And Tango Makes Three Optional: Computer with...
Materials for Activity Letters, cut from Leader Resource 1, Family Word Scramble Optional: Newsprint, markers, and tape Preparation for...
Materials for Activity A few quarters Preparation for Activity Decide whether you will use the magic trick to introduce the discussion...
Materials for Activity Chalice candle or LED/battery-operated candle Lighter and extinguisher, if needed Labyrinth, with participants' name...
Discuss the session with your co-leader. Which session went well? Are there any that needed more preparation? Did the ways children...
Preparation for Activity Tour your faith home with your co-leader, looking specifically for images of many kinds of families. If images of...
Preparation for Activity Work with a local bookstore to arrange the logistics of displaying books and taking and processing orders...
Materials for Activity An empty egg carton or a few styrofoam cups for each participant Salt Colored chalk Small empty glass jars with lids...
Materials for Activity Plain paper plates Colored markers or crayons Description of Activity This hands-on activity demonstrates that...
Preparation for Activity Invite parents or other adults from all the children's families to come and share their stories about finding and...
Nor need we power or splendor, wide hall or lordly dome; The good, the true, the tender – these form the wealth of home. – Sarah J. Hale IN...
At the Central Park Zoo in New York City, there were two penguins named Roy and Silo, who adored each other. It is typical for penguins to...
Printing This Handout Download a high-resolution copy of this Handout (PDF) for printing.
Dear Creating Home Families: On [day, date,] our group will discuss how our families became involved in this congregation. We will ask each...
Adapt and distribute this invitation to parents and adult family members if you are doing Alternate Activity 3: Stories from Our Faith Home...
Search the online archives of The New York Times for Dinitia Smith's February 7, 2004 Arts section story about how Roy and Silo, a devoted...
- Session 10: Tango
- Spiritual Preparation
- Activity 1: Pairing Penguins
- Activity 2: Family Badges
- Activity 3: Story - Tango's Family
- Activity 4: Word Scramble
- Activity 5: Open Hearts Make a Faith Family
- Leader Reflection and Planning
- Faith In Action: Images Of Our Families In Our Faith Home - Short-Term
- Faith In Action: Book Fair - Long-term
- Alternate Activity 1: Colored Salt Jars
- Alternate Activity 2: Paper Plate Families
- Alternate Activity 3: Family Stories from Our Faith Home
- Taking It Home
- A Penguin Family
- Leader Resource 1: Family Word Scramble
- Leader Resource 2: Letter to Parents
- Leader Resource 3: Invitation to Parents
- Find Out More
- Program Structure
- Leader Guidelines
- Before You Start
- Participant Feedback Form
- Facilitator Feedback Form
- Session 1: On the Threshold
- Session 2: Symbols of Faith
- Session 3: Beehive
- Session 4: Animal Homes
- Session 5: Home in Nature
- Session 6: Hearth and Home
- Session 7: Book of Ruth
- Session 8: Hare's Gifts
- Session 9: Our Ancestral Home
- Session 11: Bless This Meal
- Session 12: John Murray
- Session 13: Our Worship Home
- Session 14: Comings and Goings
- Session 15: Muhammad
- Session 16: Memories of Home
- Stories in Creating Home
- Handouts in Creating Home
- Leader Resources in Creating Home