Session 1: Welcome
Session 1: Welcome
Session 1: Welcome
Part of Chalice Children, in Preschool
In This Section
Love makes a bridge from heart to heart, and hand to hand. — "Love Makes a Bridge," Hymn 325 in Singing the Living Tradition This first...
Activity Minutes Activity 1: Free Play 15 Activity 2: Circle Rhymes Transition 5 Activity 3: Circle Time 5 Activity 4: Story 5 Activity 5:...
This first meeting together with the group will set the tone for the year. Make sure you have done all the advance preparation and reviewed...
Description of Activity In the Chalice Children program, sessions begin with Activity 1, Free Play rather than a formal Opening. The...
Materials for Activity Name tags Variety of free play options, such as toys, a puzzle, a story book, manipulatives, dramatic play props,...
Materials for Activity Circle Rhymes posters Preparation for Activity Create and display Circle Rhymes posters (see Posters for Chalice...
Materials for Activity Chalice-lighting words, written on newsprint Chalice with tea light flame or other preschool chalice option Feelings...
Materials for Activity Story book Preparation for Activity Choose a story from the following suggestions: Keep Love in Your Heart, Little...
Materials for Activity 8.5 x 11-inch white card stock pre-cut in a heart shape, one or more for each child Red tissue paper torn in 1 x 1-...
Preparation for Activity Familiarize yourself with the games and songs listed in Posters for Chalice Children, under Resources in the...
Materials for Activity Taking It Home handout Markers or crayons Preschool chalice Optional: Envelope Optional: Hole punch Optional: Yarn...
Reflect on these questions and discuss them with your co-leader: How do we feel about what went on during this session? Why? What was the...
Materials for Activity Trash bags Recycling bins Optional: Disposable plastic or latex gloves Optional: Rakes or other seasonal yard tools...
Love makes a bridge from heart to heart, and hand to hand. — "Love Makes a Bridge," Hymn 325 in Singing the Living Tradition IN TODAY'S...
Check out the blog site of the UU Collective . Read "Bound in Covenant," an article from the Summer 2013 UU World magazine. Read Session 3...
- Session 1: Welcome
- Spiritual Preparation
- Activity 1: Free Play
- Activity 2: Circle Rhymes Transition
- Activity 3: Circle Time
- Activity 4: Story
- Activity 5: Love Hearts
- Activity 6: Circle Games
- Leader Reflection and Planning
- Faith In Action: Congregational Clean-Up
- Taking It Home
- Find Out More
- Program Structure
- Leader Guidelines
- Before You Start
- Facilitator Feedback Form
- Participant Feedback Form
- Session 2: A Tour of the Inside of Our Congregation
- Session 3: A Tour of the Outside of Our Congregation
- Session 4: Making Chalices
- Session 5: All Around Us
- Session 6: Chalice Necklaces
- Session 7: The Beauty of Nature
- Session 8: Fruit Chalices
- Session 9: Chalice Flannel Board
- Session 10: Helping Others
- Session 11: A Special Jigsaw Puzzle
- Session 12: Family Snack Party
- Session 13: Feeling Sad
- Session 14: Weddings and Other Services of Love and Union
- Session 15: Babies
- Session 16: Special Worship Services
- Session 17: Wondering About Stars
- Session 18: Wondering About the Moon
- Session 19: The Wonder of Weather
- Session 20: Rainbows
- Session 21: Dreams
- Session 22: Imagination
- Session 23: My Shadow
- Session 24: Block Sunday
- Session 25: Teddy Bear Month — Friendship
- Session 26: Teddy Bear Month — Sick!
- Session 27: Teddy Bear Month — Lost!
- Session 28: Teddy Bear Party
- Session 29: Closing Sunday
- Session 30: Halloween
- Session 31: Thanksgiving
- Session 32: How Many Days Until Christmas?
- Session 33: Winter Lights
- Session 34: Valentine's Day
- Session 35: Easter
- Session 36: Earth Day
- Session 37: Mother's/Father's Day
- Handouts in Chalice Children
- Leader Resources in Chalice Children