Workshop 10: Thandeka
Workshop 10: Thandeka
Workshop 10: Thandeka
Part of What Moves Us
In This Section
We love beyond belief. — Thandeka This workshop introduces the Rev. Dr. Thandeka, author of the What Moves Us program, and her Unitarian...
Activity Minutes Opening 5 Activity 1: Experiences of a Change of Heart 10 Activity 2: Introducing Thandeka 5 Activity 3: Stories and...
Read three stories from Thandeka: "Thandeka's Change of Heart," "A Lonely Soul in Community," and "Doctrinal Freedom" (including the author...
Materials for Activity Small worship table and cloth Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle Newsprint, markers, and...
Materials for Activity Participant journals Variety of writing and drawing implements Preparation for Activity If participants may need...
Materials for Activity Participant journals Variety of writing and drawing materials Handout 1, Introducing Thandeka Optional: Microphone...
Materials for Activity Story, " Thandeka's Change of Heart " Story, " A Lonely Soul in Community " Story, " Doctrinal Freedom " Preparation...
Materials for Activity Newsprint, markers, and tape Participant journals Variety of writing and drawing implements Handout 2, Thandeka's...
Materials for Activity Newsprint, markers, and tape Optional: Microphone Preparation for Activity Write questions on newsprint, and post:...
Materials for Activity Small worship table and cloth Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle A copy of Singing the...
After the workshop, co-leaders should make a time to get together to evaluate this workshop. Use these questions to guide your shared...
We love beyond belief. — Thandeka Think of something you can do to create more of an ethos of care and compassion within your own...
Several years ago, I spent an evening discussing Covenant Groups with members of a New England church who were interested in starting a...
There was an extraordinary range of personal beliefs among the participants in my 2003 small group workshop in Prague, the capital of the...
In July 2003, I went on an eight-day spiritual retreat at a Benedictine monastery in Wisconsin. The night before I left Chicago to drive to...
The Reverend Dr. Thandeka is cited as one of our most influential contemporary Unitarian Universalist theologians. She is the author of The...
Love beyond b elief , according to Thandeka, means that personal experience has three basic elements for us as Unitarian Universalists: (1...
This photograph was taken by Merrel D. Booker, Jr. Used with permission.
By ThandekaFrom "Healing Community: Small group ministry as a spiritual practice," UU World, January/February 2005. Recall a time when you were filled...
Excerpted from A Covenant Group Source Book , second edition, revised (The Center for Community Values, 2003). Covenant Groups A covenant...
By ThandekaOriginally published in the American Journal of Theology and Philosophy (January 2009). Friedrich Schleiermacher gave liberal theology a...
Contemporary Liberal Theology American Journal of Theology and Philosophy, January 2009. Dorrien, Gary, The Making of American Liberal...
- Workshop 10: Thandeka
- Spiritual Preparation
- Activity 1: Experiences of a Change of Heart
- Activity 2: Introducing Thandeka
- Activity 3: Stories and Reflections
- Activity 4: Testing Thandeka's Theology of Personal Experience
- Activity 5: Personal Experience - Large Group Reflection
- Leader Reflection and Planning
- Taking It Home
- A Lonely Soul in Community
- Doctrinal Freedom
- Thandeka's Change of Heart
- Handout 1: Introducing Thandeka
- Handout 2: Thandeka's Theology of Personal Experience
- Leader Resource 1: Thandeka Portrait
- Leader Resource 2: Healing Community
- Leader Resource 3: Covenant Groups - What They Are and How They Work
- Leader Resource 4: Future Designs for American Liberal Theology
- Find Out More
- Program Structure
- Leader Guidelines
- Before You Start
- Facilitator Feedback Form
- Participant Feedback Form
- Principles and Sources
- Workshop 1: George de Benneville
- Workshop 2: Charles Chauncy
- Workshop 3: Hosea Ballou
- Workshop 4: William Ellery Channing
- Workshop 5: Margaret Fuller
- Workshop 6: Sophia Lyon Fahs
- Workshop 7: James Luther Adams
- Workshop 8: Forrest Church
- Workshop 9: William F. Schulz
- Handouts in What Moves Us
- Leader Resources in What Move Us
- Stories in What Moves Us