Board Development Days!
Find registration links beside the events that have opened registration.
A day for congregational teams (board members and clergy) to explore and learn together. Note: This day may supplement your traditional Board Retreat, serve as part of it, or provide the foundation for it.
- Are you looking for ways to build or rebuild trust within your congregation?
- What would it look like if your congregation moved from an “I” to “We” understanding of itself?
- Are there questions that could break open new possibilities in your congregation?
- What if it is not so much about our governance systems but who we are as leaders?
- How do we stay centered in times of change? And aren’t they all times of change?
- Would clarity about roles and responsibilities free up some new energy in your congregation?
Come explore these topics with others.
Space is limited and priority will be given to congregations that are able to bring all Board members and Clergy (if applicable). Generally these days run 6 hours and you’ll enjoy lunch as a group. Register for one near you - submit one registration form for your whole team.
- August 4 at Unitarian Church of Los Alamos, NM Register now!
- September 8 at UU Community Church of Santa Monica, CA Register Now!
- October 20 at First Unitarian Universalist Society of San Francisco, CA Register now!
- November 3 at Valley UU Congregation in Chandler, AZ Register now!
Plans are currently underway to offer these throughout the PWR. If you are interested in hosting a Board Development Day in the coming church year, let your PWR Primary Contact know.
Previous Board Development Days
A huge thank you to our 2017-2018 hosts!
August 19 – Verdugo Hills, CA
September 9 – Salem, OR
September 16 – Orange County, CA
October 7 – San Jose, CA
October 14 – Goleta, CA
October 21 – San Rafael, CA
November 11 – East Wenatchee, WA
November 18 – Ft Collins, CO
December 2 – San Diego, CA
December 9 – Florence, OR
January 27 – Sacramento CA
February 3 – Prescott, AZ
March 3 – Port Angeles, WA
CANCELLED – March 3 – Redwood City, CA
March 17 – Seattle, WA moved from Edmonds
March 18 – Carbondale, CO
April 7 – Cottonwood Heights, UT
April 14 – Bozeman, MT
May 19 – Pagosa Springs, CO