Raising Resilient Resistance - UUJMCA Summit
Join UUJMCA & UUJAZ for the 2017 Justice Summit!
Join UUs from across the western region for the 2017 Walking the Walk Justice Summit and Family Camp from August 12th to 16th at Camp de Benneville Pines in the San Bernardino Mountains of Southern California!
Open to UUs from across the country, this summit offers attendees a powerful combination of faith-rooting, community building and skill development.
Now more than ever we must connect, both within and beyond our congregational walls. Take these days with your friends and family to join in this intentional community. Experience powerful worship, join some of the dozens of community-led workshops and be energized by keynotes by UU Refugee and Immigrant Services and Education (UURISE) Executive Director Katia Hansen and Rev. Emrys Staton, Dir of Justice Ministries and Pastoral Care at UU Congregation of Phoenix.
Group workshops will include:
- Immigration legislation reform, detention center visitation and effective allyship
- Environmental programs on climate change and water justice and how we can act in coalition on these critical issues
- Dignity at work efforts across the country; strategies for tackling housing and homelessness in our communities through effective advocacy and partnerships
- Healthcare advocacy and strategies for tackling federal cutbacks through state legislation and coalition building
- Spiritual activism
- Developing partnerships with impacted communities
- Public speaking for social justice activists
- And more
Intentional worship and reflection in the mountains can be powerful and renewing. Both clergy and lay led worship will refresh and rejuvenate you. The recreational time will allow you to relax in the hot tub or jump in the pool, go canoeing, hike, experience yoga in the mountains, or simply take time to reflect or connect. Multi-generational and family activities will allow the entire family to explore justice issues and enjoy recreational activities together.
Sponsored by the UU Justice Ministry of California (UUJMCA) and UU Justice Arizona Network (UUJAZ), this is the largest UU justice summit and family camp in the country and it is in OUR Pacific Western Region!
This year’s event will be held at Camp de Benneville Pines from August 12th to 16th.
Scholarship and Hardship grants are available, as well as discounts for youth, ministers and congregations sending five or more participants.
For more information, visit http://uujmca.org/walkingthewalk or call Beverly at 916-441-0018 x103.