Office of Church Staff Finances Publications
Health Care Reform Alerts
Periodic updates about the Affordable Care Act and related health care legislation: see Health Care Reform Alerts.
Compensation and Staffing News
Monthly tips and resources on compensation and personnel matters: Sign up for Compensation and Staffing News.
- Late June 2020 Extra: Communicating Employee Changes, Subscribing New Leaders, Virtual GA, TIAA Digital Challenge
- June 2020: New and Refreshed Resources, Welcoming William Lester, TIAA Webinars
- May 2020: Setting Salaries, Benefit Plan Eligibility/Employee Changes, Professional Expenses - As Important as Ever, Help with Congregational Finances
- Mid-April 2020: COVID-19 Extra Edition: Care for Staff and Their Families, Federal Programs Helping Employers and Employees, UUA Health Plan updates
- April 2020: Paperless Remitting for Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, COVID Resources
- Mid-March 2020: COVID-19 Edition: Congregations as Employers During COVID-19; Finances: Personal and Congregational; Staff Care for the Long Haul
- March 2020: Professional Expenses as Vocational Lifeline, Congregations as Employers on LeaderLab, Employee Illness
- February 2020: Compensation Standards Launched, Minister's Discretionary Fund, Staff Development Opportunities, 2020 Mileage Rate
- January 2020: Compensation Standards, Salary Recommendations and Resources '20-'21, Eye Exams/Eyewear Coverage, Message from Congregational Giving Team
2019 and earlier
Issues from 2017 to 2019 are archived on the Office of Church Staff Finances Publications: Back Issues page.
Retirement Plan News
Monthly news and resources about the UUA Retirement Plan:
- May 2018: Newsy Notes to Help You in the Work
- April 2018: Passing the Baton
- March 2018: Budget, Benefits, Blooms
- February 2018: Electronic remitting for efficiency
- January 2018: New year, new focus
- December 2017: Make your list and check it twice!
- November 2017: Notice, New Limits, Tune Up!
- October 2017: Team up to Tune up!
- September 2017: Find, Share, Connect
- August 2017: Welcoming new employees
- July 2017: Staff transitions and on-boarding new hires
- June 2017: Preparing for summer
- May 2017: Protecting confidential information
- May 2017: Special security edition
- April 2017: Employee eligibility
- March 2017: TIAA tools for Retirement Plan participants
- February 2017: Introducing online enrollment
- January 2017: New Year; review policies and procedures; Elective Contributions Agreement