Office of Church Staff Finances Publications
Health Care Reform Alerts
Periodic updates about the Affordable Care Act and related health care legislation: see Health Care Reform Alerts.
Compensation and Staffing News
Monthly tips and resources on compensation and personnel matters: Sign up for Compensation and Staffing News.
- Mid-March 2020: COVID-19 Edition: Congregations as Employers During COVID-19; Finances: Personal and Congregational; Staff Care for the Long Haul
- March 2020: Professional Expenses as Vocational Lifeline, Congregations as Employers on LeaderLab, Employee Illness
- February 2020: Compensation Standards Launched, Minister's Discretionary Fund, Staff Development Opportunities, 2020 Mileage Rate
- January 2020: Compensation Standards, Salary Recommendations and Resources '20-'21, Eye Exams/Eyewear Coverage, Message from Congregational Giving Team
- December 2019: Reminders for 2020, New Form W-4, Note of Gratitude
- November 2019: From Guidelines to Standards, Salary Recommendations for 2020-2021, Brief Items
- October 2019: Open Enrollment, Common Sources of Confusion, Exempt Threshold Change
- September 2019: Comp Program Past/Future, Professional Expenses for Ministers, Form I-9
- August 2019: When a Staff member Changes Congregations, New Leaders/Subscribers?
- July 2019: Professional Interim Training, Health Plan Audit, Benefits Reminders, State and Local Laws
- June 2019: On Hiring Members, Pay Frequency, General Assembly
- Special Edition, May 2019: Sample Personnel Policy Manual Available
- May 2019: Notify Us of Employee Changes, Taxability of Moving Expenses, Staffing Levels and Congregational Size, Scam Alert from UUA IT
- April 2019: Housing Allowance Preserved, Is Your Minister an Employee?, Interim Ministerial Agreement, Compensation Worksheet
- March 2019: Budgeting for Benefits, Tax Withholdings, Proposed Change to Overtime Threshold
- February 2019: New IRS Mileage Rate, Seeking Compensation Consultants, Be a MINDFUL Employer
- No January issue.
2018 and earlier
2017 and 2018 issues are archived on the Office of Church Staff Finances Publications: Back Issues page.
Retirement Plan News
Monthly news and resources about the UUA Retirement Plan: Sign up for Retirement Plan Updates.
- May 2018: Newsy Notes to Help You in the Work
- April 2018: Passing the Baton
- March 2018: Budget, Benefits, Blooms
- February 2018: Electronic remitting for efficiency
- January 2018: New year, new focus
- December 2017: Make your list and check it twice!
- November 2017: Notice, New Limits, Tune Up!
- October 2017: Team up to Tune up!
- September 2017: Find, Share, Connect
- August 2017: Welcoming new employees
- July 2017: Staff transitions and on-boarding new hires
- June 2017: Preparing for summer
- May 2017: Protecting confidential information
- May 2017: Special security edition
- April 2017: Employee eligibility
- March 2017: TIAA tools for Retirement Plan participants
- February 2017: Introducing online enrollment
- January 2017: New Year; review policies and procedures; Elective Contributions Agreement