Office of Church Staff Finances Publications
Health Care Reform Alerts
Periodic updates about the Affordable Care Act and related health care legislation: see Health Care Reform Alerts.
Compensation and Staffing News
Monthly tips and resources on compensation and personnel matters: Sign up for Compensation and Staffing News.
- Special Year-End Issue: Tax Information and W-2 Forms, 2019 Reminders, OCSF Coverage
- December 2018: Compensation Worksheet, '19-'20 Salary Recommendations Posted, 2019 Reminders (Ministerial Housing Allowance, State Minimum Wage), Professional Interim Training, Next Issue Mid-February
- November 2018: Salary Recommendations for '19-'20, Changes to Insurance Plans for 2019, New Ministerial Agreement, OCSF Team
- October 2018: Benefits Tune-up Month, Compensation and Staffing Resources, OCSF Briefs
- September 2018: Insurance Plan Enrollment Windows, EAP for Group Insurance Plan Participants, Seeking Feedback, Accepting Comments on Ministerial Agreement
- No August issue.
- July 2018: Moving Expenses as Taxable Income, August Hiatus, OCSF Briefs
- June 2018: Performance Evaluations, Unused Professional Expenses, Professional Interim Training, OCSF at GA
- May 2018: Employer Contributions to Retirement Plan, When an Employee Becomes Disabled, UUA LeaderLab
- April 2018: Position Description Template, Recordkeeping for Nonexempt Staff, Budgeting for Benefits
- March 2018: Keeping Health/Dental Premiums Pre-Tax, Tax Law Affects Employee Moving Expenses, Encourage Staff to Check Withholding
- February 2018: Who's a Minister for IRS Purposes? Staff Carrying Other Health Insurance? 2018 Withholding Tables
- January 2018: Salary or Other Employee Changes, Tax Forms, Staffing for Diversity: Part VI (Wrap-up)
2017 issues are archived on the Office of Church Staff Finances Publications: Back Issues page.
Retirement Plan News
Monthly news and resources about the UUA Retirement Plan: Sign up for Retirement Plan Updates.
- May 2018: Newsy Notes to Help You in the Work
- April 2018: Passing the Baton
- March 2018: Budget, Benefits, Blooms
- February 2018: Electronic remitting for efficiency
- January 2018: New year, new focus
- December 2017: Make your list and check it twice!
- November 2017: Notice, New Limits, Tune Up!
- October 2017: Team up to Tune up!
- September 2017: Find, Share, Connect
- August 2017: Welcoming new employees
- July 2017: Staff transitions and on-boarding new hires
- June 2017: Preparing for summer
- May 2017: Protecting confidential information
- May 2017: Special security edition
- April 2017: Employee eligibility
- March 2017: TIAA tools for Retirement Plan participants
- February 2017: Introducing online enrollment
- January 2017: New Year; review policies and procedures; Elective Contributions Agreement