Recently we have heard people say “we will have to cancel our covenant groups.” Not so! Small groups of all kinds can still meet online. Covenant groups can continue, as can a variety of new congregational online groups – art groups, game groups, story groups. Watch to explore how your community can stay connected while we are all at home. As always we welcome your input and suggestions about online congregational groups you love!
Resources for “How To Do Small Group Online Gatherings”
Hosted by Phil Lund and Sharon Dittmar, Congregational Life Consultants, MidAmerica Region of the UUA
- How to do breakout rooms on Zoom
- How to ask productive open and honest questions
- List of upcoming “How To Use Zoom” events in the MidAmerica Region through March and April 2020
- UUA Zoom resources
- Videos to answer common Zoom questions
- UU congregational resource packet that offers themes for worship, small groups, and education programming for all ages. Offers excellent topics for small group sharing. Costs modest fee for the year.
- Places to find topics for small groups and well as meaningful book and film selections
- Films a group could view and discuss
- Book source for children. Most public libraries have a “digital” option so that books can be electronically downloaded for a period of time (my library uses Overdrive). Most public libraries also have an audio book option for children and adult books (my library uses “Libby”). For people with visual impairments and those who love hearing a story, audiobooks are an excellent option.
- How to poll with Zoom to find need and interest
- Questions to use for fun when polling or virtual online conversation
- Registration for MidAmerica webinar on March 31, 2020 about virtual game night with many resources
Originally presented March 24, 2020