2022 UUA TDOR Service
Thank you for joining us at the 2022 Trans Day of Remembrance Service. Here is a link to the recording of the service: 2022 UUA TDOR Service Recording (Vimeo) . You are encouraged to use this recording and any of the resources below for your own congregation/community’s TDOR services if helpful.
Taking Care of Self
As Laura Conkle shared during the service: Talking about trauma and grief, particularly when it is collective and generational, is not easy and can take a toll on all of us. As you can, please give yourself grace and care today. You can also access other resources to care for yourself. Here are two resources that can be helpful:
- Self Care during TDOR
- Trans Affirmation Coloring Book (PDF) by Theo Nicole Lorenz
Remember please, you matter.
If you need to talk to someone for additional support, please try some of the following resources:
- Trans Lifeline for any trans/nonbinary+ person in need of support: US (877) 565-8860 / Canada (877) 330-6366
- Trevor Project Hotline/Chat Line/Text Line (For LGBTQIA+ youth ages 13-24)
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor
- The Network/La Red Hotline (for LGBTQIA+ people experiencing partner violence) - 800-832-1901
Take Action & Join Community
- Learn more about Side with Love's UPLIFT Action campaign for LGBTQ, Gender, & Reproductive Justice. There are lots of ways to get involved and fight anti-trans legislation!
- Learn more about the UPLIFT Trans/Nonbinary Monthly Gathering, open to all ages of trans/nonbinary+ UUs (and friends of UUism). Please spread the word and join us!
- Are you trans/nonbinary+ and in need of support, resources, or community? Want to show up for trans/nonbinary people? Check out resources both within and outside of UUism. This includes information on how to help your congregation be more trans-inclusive, organizations that can support children, families, and youth, and places to donate, among others.
Information from the Service
Special Guest: E.N. Hill
Special Musician Guests: Melanie DeMore, Shana Aisenberg
Order of Service
- Prelude–Melanie DeMore
- Chalice Lighting–”Blessings of our Ancestors, Our Praying Grandmothers” by Déjà Baptiste from The Black Trans Prayer Book
- Instrumental piece–“Song of the Ancestors,” Shana Aisenberg
- Spiritual Reflection–E.N. Hill
- Musical interlude– “I’m Sending You Light,” Melanie DeMore
- Remembering the Lives Lost–Parts 1 and 2
- Prayer–E.N. Hill
- Musical Selection– “Mourning to the Moonlight (YouTube),” Spirit McIntyre
- Closing Words–Laura Conkle
- Extinguishing the Chalice–read by Adrian Ballou
- Postlude–“I Need You to Survive,” Hezekiah Walker
We are glad to have you with us in community. Than you for your presence, your care, and your bright existence in the world. Sending love.