Resources from Past General Assemblies
- General Assembly 2019 Track: How to Be a Good Employer and Supervisor
- General Assembly 2017 workshop slides:
- Compensation: Considerations and Complications in a Changing World (PDF): Learn about compensation philosophy and the evolution of the UUA’s Compensation Program. Led by Jan Gartner and Rev. Richard Nugent.
- Staff Conundrum: Creative Responses to Challenging Problems (PDF): The economic sustainability of congregations and professionals is in tension with rising personnel costs and needs. Explore technical and adaptive approaches to this conundrum. Led by Jan Gartner, Connie Goodbread, and Rev. Richard Nugent.
- All’s Well that Ends Well: Staff Departures (PDF): Consider good practices for healthy staff departures and how to help congregants make meaning out of change. Led by Jan Gartner and Rev. Dr. Lisa Presley.
- General Assembly 2016 workshop video recording:
- Got New Staff? Set Them Up for Success! covers formal administrative onboarding, proven practices for welcoming and orienting staff, and preliminary steps for establishing strong ongoing staff support through professional development, performance management, and team-building. Presented by Jan Gartner and Rev. Dr. Lisa Presley.
- General Assembly 2010 workshop slides:
- Living Our Vision (PDF, 38 pages): Congregation as a Responsible Employer.