This resolution is in response to the Board of Trustee’s statement in its report that they are “eager to further efforts to empower young generations of UU [Unitarian Universalist] leaders.” It is based on:
- the tireless past work of youth and young adult leaders at our GAs [General Assemblies], who worked to empower our young leadership and support these groups with the creation of the Youth Ministry Working Group Report and the Youth and Young Adult Empowerment and Accountability Resolutions;
- the current work of the Youth Ministry Advisory Committee and the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry Office to further the goals set forth therein; and
- our denomination’s vision of growth that is rooted in the strength and commitment of our youth and young adults.
LET US RESOLVE:
- to be reminded of the Youth and Young Adult Empowerment and Accountability Resolutions of 2008, the Mosaic Report, the Youth Ministry Working Group Recommendations, and the Congregational Survey on Youth and Young Adult Ministries directions for congregational support of youth and young adult groups;
- that when the participants of this General Assembly return home and report to their congregations the business of General Assembly, they are mindful to discuss and assess the health and functionality of their youth and young adult groups and to make sure that the proper resources, such as personnel, budget, and meeting space, are allocated to these groups; and
- to ensure that religious professionals and lay leaders are ministering to the needs of these groups.
Only with a commitment of support at the congregational level can our youth and young adult groups continue to thrive.