Welcome to the 2021-2022 Congregational Year!
The start-up to this congregational year seems more fraught than in previous years. It has felt impossible in recent months to set a course for our communities while so much is still uncertain. As we head into the new congregational year, your Southern Region staff promises to accompany you through these difficult times, hold you in empathy, and bring you hope when hope is hard to find.
We thought we would take this opportunity to remind you of a few things and to encourage you to consider some others:
- Subscribe to our Southern Region e-newsletter if you haven’t already.
- Make sure your congregation's My UUA data is up to date and accurate (staff and leader contact information and other congregational details). Instructions are available if needed.
- Keep up-to-date with Southern Region happenings by liking our Facebook page “Southern Region UUA” and joining our Facebook group, “Southern Region Unitarian Universalists”.
- Let us know about your upcoming major milestones — anniversaries, building dedications, and minister ordinations/installations. We will be happy to include them in our monthly e-news and on our Facebook page where appropriate. To share this information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan for upcoming events by visiting the Southern Region calendar.
- Check with your Congregation President to make sure they are registered for our monthly Presidents’ Gatherings, where these lay leaders get support from the Southern Region team and from each other.
- Learn more about the latest going on with our UUA’s efforts toward justice initiatives — including countering white supremacy — through UU the Vote, Side with Love, Black Lives of UU, and UUWorld magazine.
- Contact us if you need us: We can help with leadership development, mission/vision processes, long-range planning, conflict transformation, financial questions, building/personnel issues and more. Our administrative team will direct you to an appropriate Team Member — email@example.com, (407)894-2119 or (877)216-2986.
We look forward to seeing you as we visit your congregations (still virtually, for the time being!) and meeting with you online.
Please be in touch!
Your Southern Region Team:
Natalie Briscoe, Lead
Kathy Charles, Jessica Curren, Kathy McGowan, Cameron Young, Nancy Combs-Morgan, Lillian Drab-Braddick, Rev. Tyler Coles, and Rev. Nathan Hollister