We want to welcome these ministers who are serving in new ministries in the Southern Region, including some who have relocated within our region:
- Rev. Lisa Bovee-Kemper is serving as a Developmental Minister in Greenville, SC
- Rev. Ed Brock is serving as an Interim Minister in Huntsville, AL
- Rev. Julie Conrady was called to ministry by the Unitarian Universalist Church of Birmingham
- Rev. Diana Davies was called to ministry in Oklahoma City, OK
- Rev. Fred Hammond is Developmental Minister at Manatee UU Fellowship in Bradenton, FL
- Rev. Cathy Harrington is serving as a Developmental Minister in Gainesville, FL
- Krista Huang, candidate for Unitarian Universalist ministry, will soon begin serving as a consulting minister in San Marcos, TX
- Rev. Marti Keller is serving in a consulting ministry in Auburn, AL
- Rev. Sadie Lansdale was called to ministry in Greensboro, NC
- Rev. William Levwood was called to ministry in Tallahassee, FL
- Rev. Ruth Vann Lillian, candidate for Unitarian Universalist ministry, is serving as Consulting Minister at the UU Congregation of Tuscaloosa, AL
- Rev. Dr. Doak Mansfield is serving as Consulting Minister in Valparaiso, FL
- Rev. Sarah Prickett is serving in a Developmental Ministry in The Woodlands, TX
- Rev. Donna Renfro is serving in College Station, TX
- Rev. Alice Syltie is Interim Minister at Pensacola, FL
For anyone we have inadvertently excluded, please accept our apologies. We are working from our list of known, publicized ministerial transitions in the region. If you believe you have been overlooked, please contact our Southern Region transitions program manager, Christine Purcell, at email@example.com, and we will figure out what happened.
We also acknowledge and affirm the other religious professionals — our Directors of Religious Exploration/Education, Musicians and Administrators — who are starting anew. We don’t have the ability to track all those transitions at this time, but hopefully we will this time next year, with the help of our Ministers, Administrators and Board Presidents.
As Unitarian Universalists, we are members of a covenantal faith, one that requires our commitment and constant care and attention. May the 2018-2019 congregational year be one that is inspiring and enriching for you, as we all work toward a world of beloved communities, united in love, hope, justice, courage and joy.
Your Southern Region Team