Activity 1: Sharing Miracle Moments
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Newsprint with definition(s) of a miracle generated by the group (Session 1)
Preparation for Activity
- Post the newsprint with the group’s definition(s) of a miracle.
- Prepare to share, in a phrase or sentence, a “miracle moment” of your own.
Description of Activity
Invite everyone to share a “miracle moment”—a time when they paid attention to something unexpected, awesome, and perhaps unexplained. If needed, share a recent miracle moment of your own. You may wish to remind the group:
- Everyone’s ideas and experiences of miracles may be different.
- Participants may “pass.” Sharing a miracle is not required.
- What do you think of our definition of miracles now? Should we change it? How?