Session 21: Dreams
Session 21: Dreams
Session 21: Dreams
Part of Chalice Children, in Preschool
In This Section
Come dream a dream with me, that I might know your mind. — from "Come, Sing a Song with Me," Hymn 346 in Singing the Living Tradition...
Activity Minutes Activity 1: Free Play 15 Activity 2: Circle Rhymes Transition 5 Activity 3: Circle Time 5 Activity 4: Story 5 Activity 5:...
Take time before the session and find a quiet place for reflection. Consider these words from " Dreams and Dreaming in World Religions " UU...
Description of Activity In the Chalice Children program, sessions begin with Activity 1, Free Play, rather than a formal Opening. The...
Materials for Activity Name tags Variety of free play options, such as toys, a puzzle, a storybook, manipulatives, dramatic play props, and...
Materials for Activity Circle Rhymes posters Preparation for Activity Display the Circle Rhymes posters from Session 1. Description of...
Materials for Activity Chalice-lighting words, written on newsprint Chalice with tea light flame or other preschool chalice option Feelings...
Materials for Activity Story book Preparation for Activity Choose a story from the following suggestions: Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise...
Materials for Activity Leader Resource 1, Dream Train Engine and Cars Markers, crayons, and pencils in a variety of colors Preparation for...
Materials for Activity Blankets or towels, one for each child Optional: Lullaby or other music, and music player Preparation for Activity...
Materials for Activity Taking It Home handout Markers or crayons Preschool chalice Optional: Envelope, hole punch, and yarn or ribbon...
Reflect on these questions and discuss them with your co-leader: How do we feel about what went on during this session? Why? What was the...
Come dream a dream with me, that I might know your mind. — from "Come, Sing a Song with Me," Hymn 346 in Singing the Living Tradition IN...
Printing This Handout Download a high-resolution copy of this Handout (PDF) for printing.
UU minister Jeremy Taylor writes, in " The Creative Impulse in Dreams ": There is an archetypal creative impulse woven into the fabric of...
- Session 21: Dreams
- Spiritual Preparation
- Activity 1: Free Play
- Activity 2: Circle Rhymes Transition
- Activity 3: Circle Time
- Activity 4: Story
- Activity 5: What Is on Our Dream Train?
- Activity 6: Circle Games
- Leader Reflection and Planning
- Taking It Home
- Leader Resource 1: Dream Train Engine and Cars
- Find Out More
- Program Structure
- Leader Guidelines
- Before You Start
- Facilitator Feedback Form
- Participant Feedback Form
- Session 1: Welcome
- Session 2: A Tour of the Inside of Our Congregation
- Session 3: A Tour of the Outside of Our Congregation
- Session 4: Making Chalices
- Session 5: All Around Us
- Session 6: Chalice Necklaces
- Session 7: The Beauty of Nature
- Session 8: Fruit Chalices
- Session 9: Chalice Flannel Board
- Session 10: Helping Others
- Session 11: A Special Jigsaw Puzzle
- Session 12: Family Snack Party
- Session 13: Feeling Sad
- Session 14: Weddings and Other Services of Love and Union
- Session 15: Babies
- Session 16: Special Worship Services
- Session 17: Wondering About Stars
- Session 18: Wondering About the Moon
- Session 19: The Wonder of Weather
- Session 20: Rainbows
- Session 22: Imagination
- Session 23: My Shadow
- Session 24: Block Sunday
- Session 25: Teddy Bear Month — Friendship
- Session 26: Teddy Bear Month — Sick!
- Session 27: Teddy Bear Month — Lost!
- Session 28: Teddy Bear Party
- Session 29: Closing Sunday
- Session 30: Halloween
- Session 31: Thanksgiving
- Session 32: How Many Days Until Christmas?
- Session 33: Winter Lights
- Session 34: Valentine's Day
- Session 35: Easter
- Session 36: Earth Day
- Session 37: Mother's/Father's Day
- Handouts in Chalice Children
- Leader Resources in Chalice Children