All systems need feedback loops and organizations like congregations are no different. Your Leadership Development program will be more responsive if you develop assessments and other tools to help you learn and adjust as needed.
Things you might include in your assessments:
- How is the ministry/team/committee serving the mission?
- Are people in roles that feed them rather than drain them?
- Are there people who would like a different role?
- Is anyone ready for a "leadership sabbatical?"
- Has the training offered to people been effective in helping them grow and learn?
- Are current leaders actively growing new leaders?
- How is the ministry/team/committee increasing its diversity? What do they need to improve?
Holy Clarity: The Practice of Planning and Evaluation by Sarah B. Drummond
Completing the Circle: Reviewing Ministries in the Congregation by David R. McMahill
Evaluating Ministry: Principles and Processes for Clergy and Congregations