Talking with kids about the coronavirus can be hard. Here are some places to start.
- Social stories help kids with autism and other disabilities. These may also help kids with anxiety or young kids. Coronavirus Social Story a resource for kids with autism by Amanda McGuinness and one by Laura Solomon a UU seminarian and therapist with children.
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus from NPR. Just a note that this was made a few weeks ago and some parts are no longer accurate: like the number of cases and the level of risk.
- Brainpop science lesson on coronavirus
- Understanding coronavirus and how germs spread podcast by Brains On! Science for Kids.
- How to talk to your kids about Coronavirus from PBS and full length Daniel Tiger episode "Daniel Gets a Cold/"Mom Tiger is Sick"
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource from the National Association of School Psychologists
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019 from the CDC
- Protecting Our Children's Mental Health During the Pandemic from Aceconnections.org
- Resources from the UU Trauma Response Ministry