At the 2017 conference for the Australia and New Zealand Unitarian Universalist Association (ANZUUA), the new ANZUUA president Rev. Rob MacPherson issued a challenge to member organizations in the region. His keynote address challenges member organizations to grow.
The slide presentation referred to in the video is not visible but includes the following questions:
- Will small and struggling be the new default?
- What would churches that buck this trend look like?
- Can online engagement replace physical co-presence?
- To what degree will online engagement impede community building?
- With decreasing attendance/affiliation/membership, what happens to evangelism, pastoral care, discipleship, RE (religious education)?
- What is the future of professional ministry?